Bit o' Online Dating

Timbone

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B-girl - thanks, they are going pretty well. I think this is something we both want now, and I think we're kinda happily freaked out at how similar we are.

I met her on link removed actually. At first she didn't look like my type, but her personality an interests intrigued me too much. I put aside my regular visual preferences (she's fair-skinned, blue eyed and blonde, haven't dated a blonde before) and decided to contact her, and haven't regretted it yet.

notso - you know, we haven't exactly had that talk relating to each other, but we've talked about relationships in general and what we prefer, and we're on the same page. She only dates one person, she knows I'm not dating anyone else, and that I'm not searching the dating sites now. So all the green lights are there, we just haven't actually talked about how green they are yet!

And I wanted to really kiss her properly. She was putting the brakes on, and taking things really slow. I think she wanted to see if I would stick around, or maybe she wanted to tell me some things about her that have put others off in the past, and she didn't want to get too physical before she figured that out. I can't blame her for that. I figure I went too fast physically in the past, so this is a good change if it helps everything work out better.

CmplxDame - Ha! I certainly don't know if this is how it's done at all! I just did things this way, and there was a good amount of anxiety and second-guessing along the way to make me say that it has to be done better than I've done it!

Or were you being sarcastic? Or something else?

Jonas - thanks very much, I'll try to keep it going if there's interest. I'm not any kind of Adonis or anything, and I'm as self-conscious about my appearance and geeky-self as anyone else, so if I can get something positive on the tracks, anyone can.

Awww, sounds like things are going well! It's nice to hear something positive for a change, I haven't heard many good stories about online dating to be honest. Sounds like things are good for you though.

And don't let the thread slip! I'm interested to hear how things are going too

• 3 weeks later...

So, it's been a while since I updated this, but here goes anyway, despite your protests!

Been seeing only Robin for a bit now. After Halloween we met up at my place and things have gotten more and more serious ever since. I don't want to get into many details, but we were VERY affectionate with each other.

After that day, the affection has only been on the rise. Little texts a couple times a day, seeing each other twice a week, always holding hands or each other. You know, all that sweet stuff, plus some of the funny-naughty stuff (you know, the pinch and slap on the @ss, heh)- which I didn't see in her at first! Been very fun to watch this all slowly emerge.

Before we move on to THAT part of the relationship (you know, THAT part) we're both being safe and smart about it and being tested for everything. I go for the blood work this weekend, as does she. I don't think either of us has anything serious, but we're being adult enough to make sure we can show the other for sure before we go into wild abandon...

So at this point, we're pretty much exclusive with each other, though we actually haven't had The Talk about it. It almost seems pointless to even mention it, since we both know what the answer would be. At least that's my feeling.

question, i read most of your entries, so if this is something you metioned already, i apologize.

im new to online dating- actually pretty new to dating all together as i was in 2 long term relationship that werent strangers to me.

anywho, met one guy in person so far bc he is really the only one i felt comfortable meeting. i liked him, nothing crazy, but more than i thought i would like a stranger. we are going to go out again. now i am not the one to kiss on a first date, but as im older and more secure in my womanhood, i think that physical chemistry is very important. if you asked me a year ago if i would ever kiss someone on a 2nd or 3rd date id say hell no, but i see thing differently now.

im thinking id like to make out with him on the next date or the one after, to see how that feels. what do you think of that? of course, i wont force it im just thinking if there is a lil bit of attraction i want to put it to the test.

CmplxDame - Ha! I certainly don't know if this is how it's done at all! I just did things this way, and there was a good amount of anxiety and second-guessing along the way to make me say that it has to be done better than I've done it!

Or were you being sarcastic? Or something else?

No, I think this is really interesting and it seems like the way dating should be done, in my opinion. Keep the updates coming!

Well, lana, everyone starts out as strangers before you meet them, don't they? I think if you are both obviously attracted to each other and you feel that spark, then I think that a kiss at the end of your next date would be a good thing. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the physical too early though, as that can really cloud your thinking on if this new guy is a good fit for you. Even kissing, and not just sex has done this to me. If there's physical chemistry but nothing else, the physical part will fade and you'll be left wondering if this is really the guy for you.

Robin went really slow, but I am glad she did and I'm glad I followed that lead. It let me find out more about her and her personality. I went too fast physically with an ex, and it clouded things up. Don't make my same mistake, if you are serious about looking at this guy as a prospect for a relationship, that is.

it's good to put that attraction to the test within the second or third date for sure. If he's not attracted to you, you'll want to know and not waste each others time, so sooner the better, but not too soon.

Cmplx - I guess we'll see if we do know how to do it right or not as time goes on! I've been trying to get the people at the doctor's office to get the blood test paperwork ready for me to pick up, but they're being painfully slow about it. Supposed to call me back... Grrr... I am calling them after lunch whether they've called me back or not. I won't be having some third party keeping me away from... ahem, uh, physical affection like that!

Just read this whole post from page one... have no idea why I haven't seen it before as I'm here often... but great post man, and congratulations with Robin. I am about to start online dating and am in a similar position you were in. I only hope it can go half as well for me I guess I'll see... but your journeys have definitely inspired me.

Anywho, good luck. Hope things continue to get better and better with Robin.

Thanks test, I appreciate it. Good to know that my online journal has been helpful in some way to others. I let this fall off the page unless I have something intersting (slightly at least) to post, sothat's likely why you missed it.

So while I'm still waiting on my test results, Robin's came back already - negative. Of anything. Not even a flu bug. So that's all good, now I just have to find mine out! I'll call them later this week and see if they don't call me first.

So I went through some divorce nastines with my ex, and I owe her a good chunk of money. Let me tell you something folks, never put anything in writing, and when in doubt, always get a lawyer. It's more expensive if you don't, believe me...

Anyway, I told Robin my predicament, and she said she didn't want me paying for her anymore on our dates, and that we would be on the lookout for cheap dates and things to do. I really appreciated that, not that I ever thought she would be dating an artist for money! She's an artist too, so she knows the lack of money our passion generally brings.

I plan on going to see her this weekend. Picnic in the park, hang out, just be. Since I don't have my test results back yet, I don't want to get too intimate yet, though things are progressing well in the romantic department. In the sweet department, she sent me an e-card since she knoew I had to go to court. Was very nice.

Well, got my blood test results back, and they were negative of everything. I was a little nervous about HS1, and a little about HS2, even though I never had any flare-ups or anything. But the doctor said that I didn't have either - but what's odd is that neither of those are mentioned on the paperwork I picked up. Not sure where she saw that I didn't have those, but I remember her saying that I didn't have them.

The problem that arises here is that those 2 tests and the one for syphillis are ones that Robin wants to see. I've shown her the other paperwork and tests, and she trusts me in saying that the doctor told me I was clean, but she wants to see the paperwork. Can't blame her.

This adds up to the major problem of us having to hold off from sex until we know everything is good. And we've been riding the ragged edge the last few times we've met, so being this close to the finish line and missing those 2 tests has been frustrating, especially this past weekend.

Speaking of which, we had another date on Saturday. Went down to visit her near the beach, had a picnic on the sand and watched the sun set. Talked, kissed, cuddled, laughed, and some other naughtier things when it got darker...

After the beach we went over to Dana Point, and walked around the harbor there, had a bite to eat and a drink, listened to some decent singing and guitar playing at the bar. It was a great date overall, since we opened up more and confessed mutual interest in... ahem, bedroom activities with each other.

So that's why I'm calling the doctor's office right now to see if I need to get another blood test done, or if they just missed a couple things on my report...

notso - heh, thanks! I guess we'll see as time goes on. One nice thing is that she is not convinced that marriage is the way for her, and after my disasterous marriage, neither am I! Just another way we mesh well that could work out for the future.

riley - thanks for that, I could have sworn I requested testing for those 2 and actually watched the nurse check off the box for HS2. The doc even mentioned to me that I didn't have HS2 or 1 when she called, and I remember this because I asked about a cold sore (or whatever it was) that has recurred on my lip before... I wonder.

KH - thanks! Yeah, really well so far. We'll see what happens this week...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey KH! Thanks for the bump, actually! I was going to go spelunking around for this thread to write an update but was dreading wading through all those pages that it was likely buried under...

So, things have been going really well with Robin! We see each other twice a week, usually Wednesdays and the weekend sometime. Going to see her tonight, actually, have a movie in the works, and dinner.

Finally had all my testing done, and everything has come back negative! I was wondering about one of them... In any case, Robin and I were supposed to get together on Saturday this past weekend and... well... 'play' if you get my meaning, now that we both have all our testing finished - and she got sick! Argh! And it wasn't just me that was yelling Argh either.

But, the Fates trying to thwart us didn't stop Robin, nosiree. She stayed in on Saturday and doped herself up with meds and took it easy, and fought off her cold. She came to meet me at my place on Sunday afternoon and...well... let's say that once we started playing she forgot that she was ever sick... Such a trooper. We both made sure we were quite happy and satisfied that she fought off the bug.

So tonight might be more challenging since we can't be anywhere private - or as private as a movie theater can be, I suppose. But then we're meeting after that this Sunday at my place - she says I better watch out because she'll be at 100% then! I was pretty happy with how 75% was, so I think I better brace myself for this Sunday...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived