Why does this woman avoid me at all costs?

ApolloIV

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But of course I do! I am not being gender-biased about this at all. You also have to understand that men have way more power over women in many way possibles even after the feminism movement has been established. Even though we have the opportunity to work and be treated fairly as men, there are still some sexists out there that are outraged by the social changes and tend to take their anger out on us.

That is what we fear more than anything... Or at least, what I fear the most.

Well I disagree with the power issue. Take a walk through your local mall some time.

But - even if you are right that doesn't mean that that the OP did anything wrong or that the woman in question was justified in her reaction.

But of course I do! I am not being gender-biased about this at all. You also have to understand that men have way more power over women in many way possibles even after the feminism movement has been established. Even though we have the opportunity to work and be treated fairly as men, there are still some sexists out there that are outraged by the social changes and tend to take their anger out on us.

That is what we fear more than anything... Or at least, what I fear the most.

Well I disagree with the power issue. Take a walk through your local mall some time.

But - even if you are right that doesn't mean that that the OP did anything wrong or that the woman in question was justified in her reaction.

I feel embarassed, I feel guilty, I feel ashamed, and I feel like an idiot, pretty much. I can't imagine feeling comfortable enough to look her in the eye again at this point, I mean gee whiz, I feel like a joke to her, like I'm not even good enough to see her, she has to hide her face from me.

This is a good start, I think.

Ugh. No- this is NOT a good start. I could not disagree with Lucy_lou more strongly. OP- you have done nothing to be ashamed of, and I am so sorry your (former) crush's actions were so completely over the top. You have done nothing to be ashamed of, and I am so sorry that you feel guilty and ashamed.

I am with servedcold- if this woman is so anxiety-ridden that hearing through the grapevine that a guy thinks she is cute, or thinks she is cool causes her to act in this way, then she needs some serious therapy.

I am really quite shocked that some people posting on this thread are acting like the OP did something wrong. He is a man who developed a crush on a woman. This is completely normal and natural. It is the (former) crush's actions that are immature and quite rude.

I feel embarassed, I feel guilty, I feel ashamed, and I feel like an idiot, pretty much. I can't imagine feeling comfortable enough to look her in the eye again at this point, I mean gee whiz, I feel like a joke to her, like I'm not even good enough to see her, she has to hide her face from me.

This is a good start, I think.

Ugh. No- this is NOT a good start. I could not disagree with Lucy_lou more strongly. OP- you have done nothing to be ashamed of, and I am so sorry your (former) crush's actions were so completely over the top. You have done nothing to be ashamed of, and I am so sorry that you feel guilty and ashamed.

I am with servedcold- if this woman is so anxiety-ridden that hearing through the grapevine that a guy thinks she is cute, or thinks she is cool causes her to act in this way, then she needs some serious therapy.

I am really quite shocked that some people posting on this thread are acting like the OP did something wrong. He is a man who developed a crush on a woman. This is completely normal and natural. It is the (former) crush's actions that are immature and quite rude.

The local mall? Mind explaining to me what I would see there that I should observe?

I understand. The woman must be imbalanced then.

The local mall? Mind explaining to me what I would see there that I should observe?

I understand. The woman must be imbalanced then.

Maybe I'm hogging the thread here with my own advice and opinions, and I feel I've said my peace, but I'm curious to know why this would be a bad idea. If it's going to create clarity and improve things, what does it matter who's right or who's wrong?

Erm, regarding the 'letter suggestion' that is about the WORST idea EVER. If there wasn't a problem already, don't you think a creepy letter would exacerbate it to about 10 billion percent??

Maybe I'm hogging the thread here with my own advice and opinions, and I feel I've said my peace, but I'm curious to know why this would be a bad idea. If it's going to create clarity and improve things, what does it matter who's right or who's wrong?

Erm, regarding the 'letter suggestion' that is about the WORST idea EVER. If there wasn't a problem already, don't you think a creepy letter would exacerbate it to about 10 billion percent??

Still, I do find her letter endearing and considerate. I'm on the fence here. But maybe the OP should leave the woman alone, in fact, just bounce back from this and just pretend it never happened.

Still, I do find her letter endearing and considerate. I'm on the fence here. But maybe the OP should leave the woman alone, in fact, just bounce back from this and just pretend it never happened.

Pretending it never happened is about the best thing OP could do. If this girl wants to be all immature and weird about someone having a thing for her then that's her issue. If I were the OP, it'd just be 'business as usual' at work and i'd pay her no mind.

Pretending it never happened is about the best thing OP could do. If this girl wants to be all immature and weird about someone having a thing for her then that's her issue. If I were the OP, it'd just be 'business as usual' at work and i'd pay her no mind.

On second thought, Apollo, I'd send her two letters, one would be the letter "U" and you can probably guess the other one.

And by the looks of your user name, you sure do know what you're talking about.

Nah but I agree, the OP should just go about his way and get his work done and ignore the crazy woman.

Archived