Another, "Why do good guys finish last?" thread.

It isnt always true that nice guys finish last. I aam one of those "nice-guys" and id came out on top in my case. I have liked one of my best friends since December. She was with a so-called "bad boy" who was a real jerk. She has really only been with that type. She very often cried herself to sleep and I was almost always there to comfort her. While she was still with him, she told me how much sweeter, considerate, nicer, caring I was than him. Eventually she broke up with him and about a month later me and her starting going out She told me that she has liked me about as long as I've liked her but was sorta suppressing it b/c she was in a relationship. Well, I am a true story of a "nice-guy" that finished first

this is an amazing topic, i think that this will really help a lot of people. I have to say though that the best information i got out of it came from Stefi, that last post of yours hit the proverbial nail square on the head. as from a recent experience of mine, it all comes down to the game, and yes it is a game, it will always be a game. i know some of you are thinking i dont play games(ive said it too), well you do if your in a relationship, you fight to be right, to be loved, to paid attention too, to get some alone time, to hang out with your friends, you fight for all these things and you do it within a specified set of rules, that is a game. Stephi your Post so should titled "how to win the game" because thats everything you need to know right there, no one wants to be clung too, or offered help with everything, they will get annoyed and look for what they need elsewhere which is jsut some independence so they feel like they can accomplish something on their own. Being pampered all the time only makes you feel weak and when you realise you feel weak you usually go to extremes to correct it and this is where the nice guy loses, they dont realise theyve push the girl away with their love so they begin to shower her with more love, and more love hoping she will see what he has to offer and that is exactly why she runs away. noone wants to be pampered not even my Jappy jewish GF(im not trying to offend anyone im just making a point, which she has made to me). people need to stand up for themselves, it makes them feel good, it makes them look good, but shy/nice guys cant do this because they are insecure and lose the game, a game they couldnt even believe they got the chance to play in the first place.

So here is my advice to all the guys that think they are losers in this game(i use to also), you are and will be till you take control of your life and what you want until then you will be a loser.

and for you Ladies out there; you really do need to make us feel like the #1 man in your life or the confidence will start to drop, i dont mean you need to fawn over us, just subtle hints sometimes that let us know where stand.

its a game that is played by both sides, so if your not playing, then the game will be lost no matter what.

As a nice guy myself I know I don't finish last. In the past I may have not been chosen by the women I desired but it wasn't their fault. It was mine.

If I had what they were looking for then they would have been holding on to my arm instead of the next guy. Yet, as I got older I realized, "I didn't want that type of women." You know the routine, "if she looks good I want her" not knowing if there was any substance underneath the hood.

Many women grow out of their "wild" and "crazy" teens and twenties (some cotinue to be wild) and desire to settle down. That's when the nice guys begin to start looking really good and appealing.

If you're a nice guy, keep your head up. Based on my experience it does get better and you tend to have a larger selection of women.