not wanted

scootermojo

does anybody know how it feels to not be wanted?

when the sun won't shine on you

and the night won't even give you a reply

when it rains it's as if you walk in between the drops

refusing to fall onto your shoulders

nothing needing you except the tears that fall out of your eyes

it's so sad to always be alone

waiting for someone to outstretch a hand

the need for contact with others

a need to make me feel complete as a man

i'm resigned to take comfort in others

people who i see daily but are not here

movies, tv, cd's and books have always been there

but they will never help remove my tears

if i open the door and ask for someone to come in

would they enter or would the just walk by?

i feel as if i'm just coasting through my life,

waiting for my turn to die

Wow - what a poem. It seems a lot like my life right now since I was dumped a few months ago. It took me years to find someone who accepted me and now I'm back again in the not wanted category. I know you have to still keep plugging away and putting yourself out there but it seems you have a better chance of hitting the lotto then finding someone. Its not like there is a shortage of single women either - there are thousands of them on link removed and these other sites but they don't want to write you back or give you the time of day when you repsond to their ad. They look at your picture and its "see ya.." - they can't get to the delete key fast enough and they all get 100's of responses where if I get a handful that is lucky. Even with speed dating as well. You meet 20 women and even though you project a positive attitude have a good short conversation with some nobody wants to meet you again. Not wanted indeed....

Meanwhile other guys just have to stand there and great things come to them. I see it all the time.

I should be grateful that I have my health and a decent job but yet I do feel I am coasting through life. Oh well....