Pretty sure it's over but just looking for some insight

bebeblondie

I was seeing this guy for a month and a half (posted about him before). We haven't seen each other in almost two weeks, which I know is partly due to his work schedule, but in the beginning he had the same schedule and we would see each other once or twice a week, so the work thing is really not an excuse. We had a bit of a miscommunication this past Tuesday, he texted me asking how my week was goin and saying how he was gonna go to the beach the next day to catch up on his tan. I didnt read the text carefully enough and somehow thought he was asking to catch up with me the next day. So I replied sayin I'd be getting out of work a bit late but we could still meet up. About an hour later I realized I misread his text and texted him saying oops I misread his text. He said sorry about that but that he was working the next night but maybe thursday we could hang out. I said ok, and that was the last I heard from him. No text Thursday, or anything. I didn't text him (which I have in the past) because I felt like if he really wanted to see me He would've texted me. I'm pretty sure it's over between us at this point, since I was starting to have my doubts...I'm just looking for some insight. Was it my last text that scared him away?

It is a little weird you haven't heard from him all weekend, especially since you guys haven't seen each other in so long. I really don't think that last text would "scare him away", though! If you guys are exclusive, I would ask him directly what's up and to be honest with me if he doesn't want to continue the relationship. Otherwise, I would simply assume you're not going to hear from him again and focus on other prospects.

so, in a previous post, you asked about how often people see their FB or FWB. Is this guy your FB, your FWB, or your boyfriend or some guy you are dating? They are all different! I found a really good thing on the internet explaining the difference between these 4 categories. Don't mistake one for the other. FB is going to call you whenever he gets bored and wants action. FWB is going to be your FRIEND and be there for you as a friend (like when you are sick or need some help) but is going to get some benefits. If he is your boyfriend, or you are exclusive, he has more obligations there - such as returning calls, making sure he pays attention to you, etc....

i would be really clear with yourself about what this guy is to you, what you are to him.

Doesn't really sound like anything has to be over if you don't want it to be. Why he never got around to calling you Thursday is beyond me. But in reality, you guys have only been together for a month. What does he do for a living? How far apart do you guys live?

He works in law enforcement so his schedule changes from week to week. We live about 45 minutes away from each other.

Yes we've only been together a little over a month, but we've known each other for over a year.

so, in a previous post, you asked about how often people see their FB or FWB. Is this guy your FB, your FWB, or your boyfriend or some guy you are dating? They are all different! I found a really good thing on the internet explaining the difference between these 4 categories. Don't mistake one for the other. FB is going to call you whenever he gets bored and wants action. FWB is going to be your FRIEND and be there for you as a friend (like when you are sick or need some help) but is going to get some benefits. If he is your boyfriend, or you are exclusive, he has more obligations there - such as returning calls, making sure he pays attention to you, etc....

i would be really clear with yourself about what this guy is to you, what you are to him.

FWB post had nothing to do with this situation, it was as a result of a convo I was having with friends the night before.

This guy and I didn't have any converstaions about being exclusive, I didn't classify him as a boyfriend or anything I would just call it dating.

I don't think your text was "scare him away" worthy. However, if he didn't get in touch on Th, Fri, Sat and now the weekend is about finished up, I'd assume he's lost interest or isn't making this a priority.

Busy schmizy! I never buy into that. We make time for the things we want to do.

I don't think your text was "scare him away" worthy. However, if he didn't get in touch on Th, Fri, Sat and now the weekend is about finished up, I'd assume he's lost interest or isn't making this a priority.

Busy schmizy! I never buy into that. We make time for the things we want to do.

Yea he probably lost interest, given that we were in contact at least every 2-3 days, and now it's been longer than that.

Like I said he seemed just as busy when we first started seeing each other, and he would make sure to see me one to two times a week...he even took off one night to see me (not that I'd expect him to do this), so I don't buy the busy excuse either.

you did nothing wrong, the txt thing is ok too, we all misread txts, and if a guy is interested, you can't scare him away by a single txt.

you've done a good thing not contacting him on Thur.

just keep the attitude that if someone wants to go, let them go. put your emphasize on the next guy.

you did nothing wrong, the txt thing is ok too, we all misread txts, and if a guy is interested, you can't scare him away by a single txt.

you've done a good thing not contacting him on Thur.just keep the attitude that if someone wants to go, let them go. put your emphasize on the next guy.

Thanks...I wanted to come out of this with some pride..lol

Just a little update...he texted me last night saying "hey remember me?" and then went on apologizing that he hasn't been paying as much attention to me as he should, he worked all weekend and said he partially blames his crazy work schedule, and said it was partially his fault too.

Personally I think blaming it oh his work is a load of crap. I basically told him to contact me when his work schedule isn't so "crazy".

I just feel if he was really into me he wouldn't have waited 6 days to contact me and tell me what he told me last night.

Not sure if I should give him another chance, or drop him.

yup! love it when they just come back like that!

i don't know - what do you think? is he worth it to try it one more time, or are you just going to move on?

I think I'm gonna move on and if he contacts me we'll take it from there. I also don't think he was thrilled with my response since it sounded a bit sarcastic, but I really don't care he deserved it.

Archived