dutc1

The "internet is serious business!"

. . . . is it?

I know, I know, this may be a bit silly.

So here's the deal: I was never a facebook person (I always stick with myspace). My friend gave me her password on fb and I've been occasionally updating her about her wall while she is on vacation since she had no internet access. Knowing that fb does not have a tracker, once a while, I snoop a bit on my boyfriend's page. I haven't checked in a month because. . . . well, whenever I did check, I always felt like I was doing it because I didn't trust him or something, so I felt sort of bad. However, for the first time today in a while, I checked. Maybe I shouldn't have?

He always had his "in a relationship" status up, but now, the relationship status is hidden. Secondly, he has this really close female friend he always talks with on fb. At times, it'd bother me, but not so much, seeing as how she had a bf. Now she's single. They had lots of conversations, and he suggested that they she come by the restaurant him and I work in part time and get a job there.

This worries me. I mean, I also foundout that he's been talking on fb a lot with his ex, but doesn't bother me as much as the issue I mentioned above. I'm not one of those crazy girls who get upset over her bf having female friends, but this one girl. . . . I don't know if it's just all in my mind, but I've always been very suspicious of her.

Am I paranoid? I can't believe I'm posting this. Last week, he texted me saying he misses me, but. . . . I don't know. I feel like such a creeper right now, but we're currently in a long distance relationship, so I don't know what to make of this.

I will beat his head into the ground if he ever cheats. Lol, sorry. Help?

Your friend really feels the need to have you go on her FB and report back to her the updates while she is on vacation? wow.

Anyways...does your bf tell you about his friend that he talks to? If so, doesn't sound like he's hiding it and thus wouldn't worry.

If there are other signs in the "real" world that he is cheating, that would be something to look into.

To me it sounds like something is going on for sure. No one decides to remove their "in a relationship" status just for the hell of it. Had he signed up originally without posting it then that's a different story but to remove it on purpose must have a reason and I smell it's not a good one. Tell him how you feel and ask him whats up.

To me it sounds like something is going on for sure. No one decides to remove their "in a relationship" status just for the hell of it. Had he signed up originally without posting it then that's a different story but to remove it on purpose must have a reason and I smell it's not a good one. Tell him how you feel and ask him whats up.

Yep, I agree. If he never had his relationship status posted, that's no big deal. But to remove it, he obviously wants someone to possibly think he's single. You should ask him about this one...

Make sure he actually removed it. I thought my ex removed his relationship status also but then realized that he changed his privacy setting so ppl who are not on his friend list couldnt see it. If she is not his friend, then that could be the reason you cant view it.

Thanks everyone for reading. I guess everyone (except maybe hockeyboy and Qut81?) agrees that something is quite odd here.

Funny thing is, last night, he calls me and tells me how much he misses me, is waiting for me (I'm studying abroad at the moment), etcetc. He got around to talking to me for a few hours because he's finally on vacation.

Maybe I'm too soft-hearted, but that made me really happy, and I sort of forgot about this whole thing.

I don't know what I'm supposed to think right now.

. . . . And yes, my friend needs to know her fb updates. She even spends hours playing some strange games on fb.

The only non-suspicious thing I can think of is this: we both keep this on the down-low/secret because we also work together. But I don't know how that really is a problem, because if someone does find out at work, I don't think it'd be the end of the world.

Archived