Why isit easier to hurt each other when we're closer?

sammieC

Last night we had a quite big of an argument. it was about us dealing with one another. he's a very simple-one-word-straightforward kind of man, im very want-both-sides-happy-and-wants-everything-to-be-clear kinda person, more complicated. we're both sensitive but he knows to hide it. and then so, i accidently said things i didnt mean like "i dont want to talk to u again" when he suggested me to do my exercise to cool off. he hung up after. i called him back and finally he answered. we tried to talk things up. and ended up good, he apologized for his temper and i did too for stupid things i said. all is done.

now im very afraid to lose him.... he is an amazing guy he makes me happy... im in my office now and am listening to stupid break up songs and feel like getting chocs to stuff myself with, but we're not breaking up. images of how we got to know each other etc keep appearing in my mind and i miss those times. There was once he said it nicely "THings may not be the same as before but it will be better", well lastnite he shouted on the phone "Things arent the same anymore and from the start u know that's going to happen!!". It hurt me. Another thing he said yesterday that hurt me was "Im quite fed up of having to call you like this all the time"....Yes before this we've been in fights and i didnt want to pick up the phone. But it's unfair of him to say that when yesterday i wasnt even mad or anything , i was too busy at work. being in a relationship is so tough... it's always easier for people to say mean things and hurt each other when they get closer. we're known each other for 7 mths, we hardly know each other deeply. why does it have to be this hard?

REALLLL SORRY THAT THIS AINT SHORT.....PLS COMMENT ON ANYTHING, u can even say im such a spoilt brat or oversensitive or psycho... as it will help me.. thx.

You need to stop making his life difficult and start making him happy, just shut up. Your only feeding him your insecurity which is making him angry. You need to be considerate about his feelings and understand that you can't share everything you feel with him, your bf is not your psychiater, i think you should see a theraphist for all your insecurity issues.

Archived