Rude and Lazy Boss and Co-workers...help!

alls

im not sure if this is the right section, but its more about conflict than career.

i recently started a new job . When i had the interview for the job i got a weird vibe. i didn't really like the lady who was interviewing me, the way she spoke.. it was almost like in a patronising rude way.

In the end i got the job. I was offered a couple but this paid more, and unfortunately, i had to go for the higher paid one.

2 months on, and i still get the weird vibe. I honestly hate working there.

the first day at work, i was really impressed with the company at the induction. from there it went down hill... dramatcially.

My boss (supervisor) is the incredibally rude. and nags to the death but over crap. pointless crap. And the thing is, she is a few years older than me (both mid 20's).

People are lazy. I work in an office. They DONT fold their own letters to be posted ( i have to fold and put them in the envelope), they wont put away their files - yet they put them on TOP of the cabinet they go in. they wont open a draw. they wont even get off their chair and walk 3 metres to get what they printed. I get told ' can you go through this'. which is a pile of print outs that nobody has collected. Im sick of it, so i said to them today if you dont pick it up or if it doesn't have your name on it for me to give it to you its going in the bin. I was told by one lady that 'that was a bit harsh'. kidding me... get off your * * * * and pick it up then. its plain lazy.

When some thing is low on copies, instead of being asked nicely, or even them just making more - how hard is it really! - they go 'we need more copies of such and such'. no please. no thank you and said in the most rude, and selfish and consendening way.

We have a sign that has to go out to say where we are. I didn't put it out one day because it was POURING with rain. You have to walk about 50 metres. The boss who was out noticed, and called a girl in the office on her mobile to tell me to put it out. Im on the f**king reception desk. she doens't call me. Im not walking out in the pissing rain to put out a sign no body sees anyways.

It is all pathetic crap. But day in and day out, its bloody annoying, and just not enjoyable to be around. I have HER client ring up to speak to her and she tells me to 'can you deal with it'. w t f.

I am going to stick it out until the end of the year. then i will find somewhere else. Im not the only 'new' person there to find people who work there rude. There has been others who were ready to quit within days. They were not welcoming.

But im wondering, how do i handle working with someone like this. I cant keep taking their * * * * . I need to stand up for myself. I am a bit sensetive i supose and take what they say to heart, although i dont know why, im really shy.

I hate working there i do, and i hate the actual job too. Its boring. Im dead bored. Its not enjoyable whatsoever. I have to stick it out for other reasons but soon as that is over, im outta there... they are the most rude and lazy people.

any advice would be welcomed.

thanks for reading, turned into a bit of a rant!

Get the heck out of there if you hate it so much.No point being unhappy..only live once.i think start looking for somewhere where you truly believe youll be happy

if i could, i would.

i need to stick it out until at least october, but then i am going away for 6 weeks over dec/jan, so no one is going to employ me in oct/nov knowing i'd be leaving in a few weeks for that long!.

my bf has recently said for me to find somehting id enjoy, even do study. Its harder since ive just bought a house. But ive worked in an office for the last 5 years, and its boring. Theres no excitment or enjoyment out of it. I dont want a job with a lot of responsibility but i would like to enjoy it... its horrible going to a job you dislike... as you said, only live once, why waste it on a boring job - that doesn't pay that well!

if i could, i would.

i need to stick it out until at least october, but then i am going away for 6 weeks over dec/jan, so no one is going to employ me in oct/nov knowing i'd be leaving in a few weeks for that long!.

my bf has recently said for me to find somehting id enjoy, even do study. Its harder since ive just bought a house. But ive worked in an office for the last 5 years, and its boring. Theres no excitment or enjoyment out of it. I dont want a job with a lot of responsibility but i would like to enjoy it... its horrible going to a job you dislike... as you said, only live once, why waste it on a boring job - that doesn't pay that well!

Well then this job may be bad but it seems that it will keep you afloat until your holidays are ready

Well then this job may be bad but it seems that it will keep you afloat until your holidays are ready

yep pretty much. hanging out for the end of the year! lol. Gets tiring dealing with rude and lazy people all day.... drives you up the wall...and its awkward to know what you can answer/say back with out it over stepping a line to the boss!

yep pretty much. hanging out for the end of the year! lol. Gets tiring dealing with rude and lazy people all day.... drives you up the wall...and its awkward to know what you can answer/say back with out it over stepping a line to the boss!

Just keep patience. It seems you really need the job so being careful and not speaking when it feels wrong is probably a good thing when you do not like the people. Remember the tortoise and the hare? Be the tortoise dont get phased by their intimidating ways and all will be well. At the end of the day if you get another job they will never have to be in your llife again so stick it out..

ha, i dont think it'd come to that. i do more than fold letters and put files away...

even today, the supervisor walks out of their office, comes up to me, stands behind me and goes ' can you put those files away'. I had 2 hours LEFT of the day. And there were 5 bloody files there! Its the nagging... and the fact its asked rudely... you can say the same thing but in a different way, you dont mind...

ive actually decided to start looking now. if im lucky enough to get an interview, i'l be ufront, say i hve holidays planned, if i get it, i get it, if i dont, i dont... i onyl need to stick it out to mid september, but figure no ones gonna hire me with holidays pre-planned, but worth a shot.... some places id be going for would close down during that time anyways...

its not an enjoyable place to spend 8 hours of your day... i want to work somewhere were i like being. and the people. can make a world of difference.

Archived