Finding acceptance within oneself

DunwichChild

So, I guess my last couple of threads were too gory and/or disturbing, in light of that I'll try to tone it down this time.

...I can't. If I write something it will invariably lead to how some bloody mental images come to me while I'm eating. I'll spare you the details, but I just wish I knew how to draw, some of these things would make great album covers.

So, I'll just ask this, do you know of any good self-help books with self-acceptance as it's theme? I mean, I loath myself, I'm 3 months shy of being 23 years old and I haven't hold hands with a woman, how freaking pathetic is that? ... I just wish my mom hadn't beat the fight out of me.

Any suggestion of a good that helped you or help someone you know is welcome.

I've never really had a girlfriend, so truly, I haven't held hands with a girl really. But I'll say this, I think a good heart, and confidence is all you need. And that just takes the act of putting your life together, for you, think for yourself. Your value will only come to you if you believe it. If you sit around like a lump on a log, and do nothing with your life, there is a corresponding equivalence of confidence to that. If you work, read, educate yourself, maintain yourself, and fulfill your dreams, there is confidence attached to that too. then you'll see your value, and women will come to you, you wont have to go looking. and if any woman on this thing will deny me....um they're wrong, because as picky as a cute girl can be, it all boils down to confidence, and thats what a good girl wants to see

Hey DunwichChild, not sure exactly what you wrote in your other threads but I'll try my best to respond from what you expressed here.

What helped me the most was brainstorming and counter arguing my arguments as to why I don't accept myself.

I questioned my beliefs that shaped my lack of self acceptance, and counter argued that too.

The only self help book that helped me fundamentally was "Will the Real Me Please Stand Up?" by John Powell.

link removed=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246986102&sr=1-16

hey there...

''stillness speaks'' by 'eckhart tolle'.

doesn't tell you what to do...just points you towards things you already know...but have forgotten.

i dunno...it truly spoke to me. has nothing to do with improving your external world. it's all about finding peace within yourself. finding the life inside you. it's the one thing you have that no one can ever take away from you. when you realize this...the external world isn't nearly so important anymore. you can still enjoy it...but when things 'go wrong'...they don't affect your inner stillness.

some people call it spirituality. i guess it is. i only know that conflict and pain are not the predominant aspects of my life anymore.

peace.

Archived