Online Counseling?

I was wondering about seeking counseling or therapy of some sort, just someone to talk really about a highly sensitive situation that happened to me 2 years ago that's been effecting the relationship's I try to maintain today.

The problem is, I can't afford it. I'm on my parent's insurance and I'm almost positive THEY wouldn't want to pay for it. I looked online and find plenty of those crisis hot lines, but I don't think it's something I'd be interested in doing.

I looked up and down the internet last night for some sort of free, online, counseling, and found a really good site, almost PERFECT site, but it was for Australian's only. Argh.

Anyone know any quick, free, confidential, online, counseling sites? Or got any suggestions?

Well we are not professionals here. If what is needed is professional therapy this is definitely not the place. And I'm not aware of any free online services for true therapy either.

Yeah. It's a bit of a long story, and like I said really sensitive situation, and not really a question at all. I don't really feel comfortable enough expressing it to my closest friends, let alone on a public message board.

Well we are not professionals here. If what is needed is professional therapy this is definitely not the place. And I'm not aware of any free online services for true therapy either.

that was the thing i was pointing out, just that maybe we could help. i never meant we were pros.

Yeah. It's a bit of a long story, and like I said really sensitive situation, and not really a question at all. I don't really feel comfortable enough expressing it to my closest friends, let alone on a public message board.

totally understandable.

that was the thing i was pointing out, just that maybe we could help. i never meant we were pros.

I agree, we can always try to help. We just have to be careful not to confuse people that we are any kind of substitute for professional therapy.

Living Life to The Full

You may try them it deals with everyday life they have different subjects you can work through!

The following outline gives an overview of the type of things the course covers

1. Understanding why we feel as we do.

2. Practical problem solving skills.

3. Using Anxiety Control Training relaxation.

4. Overcoming Reduced activity .

5. Helpful and Unhelpful behaviours.

6. Using Medication effectively.

7. Noticing unhelpful thoughts.

8. Changing unhelpful thoughts.

9. Healthy living - sleep, food, diet and exercise.

10. Staying well.

What would you like to get out of the course?

We all need life skills in our work, relationships and in every other aspect of our lives.

Probably we all have very different reasons for doing the course. Some of us may suffer or are suffering from depression/anxiety or distress.

Some of us may be caring/supporting people who are facing anxiety or depression.

Some of us may be working with people with anxiety/depression.

Whatever your reason for wanting to learn these life skills we hope the content proves helpful. The skills taught cover general skills/information we can all use in our lives when we feel under pressure, stressed.

All advice, information and opinions contained in the Living Life to the Full Course and various linked resources (handouts, downloads etc) are based on my own views, research and analysis as a qualified psychiatrist and recognised teacher and researcher in the area of cognitive behaviour therapy self-help. While I take care to check the accuracy of the content and believe that many users will find it beneficial, no assurance or warranty is given regarding the accuracy of the content or applicability in relation to particular circumstances.

Use of the Living Life to the Full Course and resources is not intended to be a substitute for direct consultative advice medical from a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional.

link removed

Archived