Why does an ex put a 'x or o" at the end of a message? Would you?

Im curious more than anything. I got a text message from my ex the other day about stuff he owes me. he asked how i am etc. and he put an "x" at the end.

Now, i dont care, just curious really, he is my only ex.

Do guys REALLY put an 'x' (kiss) at the end of a message to a girl you used to date? its seems odd

I dont respond to the text with much information, just short and sweet and i dont put x's or o's.

I know people use them, not just with their partners but it just seems something you might not do if its to an ex.

I know a couple of guys who live in a different area to me and I noticed they ALL put 'xx' on the end of their facebook or text messages to each other, guys to girls, guys to guys, anything. Whereas my circle of friends really only does this when you're interested in someone or are being overly friendly for some reason.

I wouldn't read anything into it. Some people also just do it to mark the end of a message.

I know a couple of guys who live in a different area to me and I noticed they ALL put 'xx' on the end of their facebook or text messages to each other, guys to girls, guys to guys, anything. Whereas my circle of friends really only does this when you're interested in someone or are being overly friendly for some reason.

I wouldn't read anything into it. Some people also just do it to mark the end of a message.

thanks.

oh im not reading into it! i dont care what he did, it just made me wonder if it was something people did after they broke up.

Guys i know, tend to only do it with girls they are with or girls they are hoping to be with. I do it with girlfriends or my boyfriend only, no other guy. i know its only an x and doesn't REALLY mean anything, but yeah lol..

Well I dont place an 'x' after messages, unless it's a guy I may be romantically involved with. Same as I never call just any guy, by 'babe' or whatever like I've noticed some women do....

However and unless he's actually asking for you to try again, I'd read nothing at all into it. Could be just a habit he has.

Archived