The Last Anniversary of Your Marriage

AutumnBorn

I want to hear how you did or are planning on spending your last anniversary as a married person?

I hear it can be traumatic, but it was nice and peaceful for me. I spent it in Portland with our daughter while he was in London on business in a one-bedroom condo with a female co-worker. He didn't even call. I bought myself something nice, however - a ring that is now my favorite and signifies my commitment to myself.

I should have bought myself diamonds and would have had I any clue about how diabolical he was going to be, trying to make me believe he was seeing another woman just to try to make me jealous. As if! (He confessed the lie much later.)

Thank God it's over!

Was my 8th while we were still married in May of 2008. I wanted her back and made her a card and emailed it to her and asked her if we could cal a truce for one night & just go out on what would surely be our last anniversary. She did not ever acknowledge the card but she did agree to go out on that night. We were in the heat of battle of the divorce as well. On that fateful day I sent over flowers as well. She changed her mind and bailed out on the whole evening at the last minute. Funny though, after she got home she called me to see where I was. I went to the restaurant where I had the reservation for us instead with a friend. She was pissed, really dumb huh? She said "How could you go there with someone else tonight? I told her that she canceled on me, so I went with my lawyer instead.

Fast forward to May of this year. We were divorce 9 months ago. She sent me a text late that night. Happy "would have been" 9th anniversary BTW. Can you believe that s**t? Another happy Walk away wife! No reply from me.

Hosed

Archived