skydiver00

So.... Ive gotten myself into a tiny situation... I sometimes search profiles w/out pics but narrow the requirements... One caught my eye and she had a pic . Black and white w/2 girls in it.. unsure who was her but looked cute...

Her intro gave me an awesome email idea, probably my funniest and cleverest email to date and i got a reply..

I clicked back on her profile and see she's posted few more photos and I find myself completely 180 from when I emailed her the other night...Simply no attraction and looks different than the original pic...I know thats shallow of me, but I need some physical connection.

Now theres only been 1 email from me and then her response but i dont know what to do...

I figure I can: response saying sorry but no longer feeling a connection at this time...

-go a couple emails and before I somehow decline...

-or simply just not respond at all. Which I dont think I could do because it sucks not getting responses to emails...its even worse that I initiated contact.

I feel bad any way I slice it but thinking option #2 is my best bet...

Since you've only sent one, if I was in your shoes I just wouldn't respond. Sending a rejection email ("sorry, no longer interested") might be an ego-bruiser to her, depending on how you word it. Going a couple more emails may lead her on a bit. Just my take on it, but if you feel #2 is the best option it's really up to you!

I definitely wouldn't come out right with the "no attraction, sorry, plz try again" bit, however you play it.

I would, however, keep my foot in this door with an open mind and at least see what she's all about and if, by chance, she doesn't just turn out to have a wonderful personality or a really good connection. This assumes her new photos don't make your stomach revolt in nauseous contractions, or reveal some other "hard-to-get-past" aspect you may feel is beyond retribution, though.

We males judge on looks, but unfortunately in my experience when you look with your eyes you see half the picture. Remember, also, a wise saying I cannot repeat here, which states that You *boink* the looks, but you marry the personality.

I go with the no reply option to be honest.

The only other reasonable option would be to reply and say you've met someone else - but you can't really do that since you're gonna keep your profile online and active?

Go with no reply... It happens all the time, it's not that rude.... the person then doesn't feel AS rejected as if you said "I'm not that into you".

Don't feel bad.. it's awkward, but it happens all the time in online dating...

Ammy

Talk to her and grab some absurd thing that she says and freak out about it like it's a deal-breaker for you.

Her: "Just cleaned my fish tank."

You: "What kind of fish do you have?"

Her: "Just one. He's a goldfish, named Silver."

You: "OMG! I HATE GOLDFISH!!! Sorry, I cannot date someone who has goldfish. Bye."

Talk to her and grab some absurd thing that she says and freak out about it like it's a deal-breaker for you.

Her: "Just cleaned my fish tank."

You: "What kind of fish do you have?"

Her: "Just one. He's a goldfish, named Silver."

You: "OMG! I HATE GOLDFISH!!! Sorry, I cannot date someone who has goldfish. Bye."

Hahaha. 10 points for most creative advice on this thread.

So.... Ive gotten myself into a tiny situation... I sometimes search profiles w/out pics but narrow the requirements... One caught my eye and she had a pic . Black and white w/2 girls in it.. unsure who was her but looked cute...

Her intro gave me an awesome email idea, probably my funniest and cleverest email to date and i got a reply..

I clicked back on her profile and see she's posted few more photos and I find myself completely 180 from when I emailed her the other night...Simply no attraction and looks different than the original pic...I know thats shallow of me, but I need some physical connection.

It's not shallow of you at all! You can decide who you do and don't communicate with based on whatever criteria you choose. Don't feel bad because you don't think she's hot based on a second impression. That's your decision to make.

I find black and white photos and photos with other people to be a bit deceptive when presented as profile photos.

Just ignore her if you've lost interest. If she tries to contact you asking why you're not responding then either tell her straight or just ignore her again. You shouldn't feel bad about ignoring people you don't yet know or barely know -- chances are they're not going to be too bothered. Whatever you do though, don't tell her you're not interested because you thought she was more attractive the first time you checked her out than the second! Don't even hint at that! It would just be cruel and unnecessary.

Hahaha. 10 points for most creative advice on this thread.

Haha agreed, it was pretty funny...

I chose not to respond... I kinda hated to do it, because I know who much it sucks not to get one but I just didnt want give false intentions I guess... I dont know, hopefully I can still get good karma on my side somehow...Thanks all...

Its been only one email and I really think youre putting way too much thought into this, as if you were dating her for weeks or something. Dont respond at all and she will probably assume you found someone else. No big deal. Do not tell her you dont feel a connection anymore because then you are simply implying indirectly that she is ugly in your opinion.

Archived