laryngitis

I have it, I am 90% sure. My voice is gone except for maybe a whisper. I wasn't coughing much at all before last night. my throat is scratchy. I'm tired and fevery and feel bad in general (esp. for missing work for a second time this week!) Do I have to go to a doctor to get antibiotics or will it likely go away on it's own? My ears are itchy too on the inside, which I know can spell an ear infection.

Go to the doc - don't be like me and wait too long....I finally went this morning and got my antibiotics and 2 other prescriptions for the coughing.

I'm a mess. But I already feel a little better after starting the meds. If the coughing is under control it will allow you to sleep better which will only promote healing.

I'm hoping my voice will come back before I have to do a presentation tomorrow.

I tried the "see if it gets better" thing, and it did not work...it just got worse.

Do I have to go to a doctor to get antibiotics or will it likely go away on it's own?

How long have you been sick? You'll probably be ok if you just rest your voice and drink a lot of fluids. If it was me though, I'd probably go to a doctor because I need my voice for singing.

I was half-sick for about a week and a half... just lacking energy, not feeling like myself. I've been full on sick since Thursday night. It started with aches and fever, chest congestion and nasal congestion. I felt a lot better yesterday, then after work I noticed my voice had gone so hoarse. By this morning it was gone completely. My boyfriend made me warm honey and pepper to coat my throat like his grandmother used to do for him, but even that didn't stop the tickle in my throat. It's driving me nuts. It's a holiday here, but I'm sure the walk-ins are open.

I have it, I am 90% sure. My voice is gone except for maybe a whisper. I wasn't coughing much at all before last night. my throat is scratchy. I'm tired and fevery and feel bad in general (esp. for missing work for a second time this week!) Do I have to go to a doctor to get antibiotics or will it likely go away on it's own? My ears are itchy too on the inside, which I know can spell an ear infection.

Drink some tea with lemon and honey, like Bella said. Also, take some Vit C. If it doesnt clear up in a couple days then go to the Dr. Hope you feel better!!

Archived