Girl at work - Need advice

grymoire

Hi ENA friends,

There is a very cute girl in the company I work... I first noticed her a while ago.. I actually happened to like the jeans she was wearing and I asked her the brand name and where she got it from... That's how I first talked to her.. But then she went missing... I did not see her for a long time... after some months I saw her again in the company... I asked her what's up and she said that she was working as a contractor and they have hired her again... Her present contract is until June.

I initially did not feel anything for her but after couple of conversations I really started digging her... 2 weeks back I asked her for lunch and she readily accepted.. Just before going to the company cafeteria I asked her if we could have lunch somewhere outside.. in a restaurant and she was fine with that. So i took her in my car and we went to a nice place.. She really enjoyed the lunch and spoke very well... On the way she mentioned that she broke up with her boyfriend due to long distance... she also said that she has given him a deadline to respond back to her. The deadline is June 2.

I am kinda in a dilemma now.. I am definitely interested in her but not sure what I should do. So far we went out exactly one time for the lunch. That's it. I some times stop by her cubicle to have a chit chat... she talks very well with me. Today I told "you look nice in this green tops" and slightly touched her...

Any advice on how to proceed?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi ENA friends,

There is a very cute girl in the company I work... I first noticed her a while ago.. I actually happened to like the jeans she was wearing and

More like the tender young behind in those jeans.

Today I told "you look nice in this green tops" and slightly touched her...

Any advice on how to proceed?

First of all, don't touch her. That's creepy.

Better cut the chit chat and figure out a way to ask her out.

First of all, don't touch her. That's creepy.

Better cut the chit chat and figure out a way to ask her out.

I touched to let her know that I am not interested in her just a friend way... I had no idea until now that touching is considered creepy

i don't recommend office anything, but do you have something in common you talked about before? when you went to lunch last? be like 'mmmm, i'm so craving one of those chicken sandwiches we got. want to go again tomorrow/today?'

she is a contractor ghost... her current contract ends in June.. after that she will be gone..

so if i just ask her "want to go again tomorrow/today?" would she get the hint?

she is a contractor ghost... her current contract ends in June.. after that she will be gone..

so if i just ask her "want to go again tomorrow/today?" would she get the hint?

i dunno, but it's a start to get to know her more. and if you do, try not to talk about business related stuff much. ask questions about pets she has, shows she watches, etc. toss in some flirtation.

i dunno, but it's a start to get to know her more. and if you do, try not to talk about business related stuff much. ask questions about pets she has, shows she watches, etc. toss in some flirtation.

cool.. thx

how do you usually let a girl know that you are interested in her in that way and not just as a friend?

cool.. thx

how do you usually let a girl know that you are interested in her in that way and not just as a friend?

how i just described. gotta flirt. think of having a female friend and you are comfortable around her and just talk about everyday crap. well, do that, but go for more. don't be nervous at all, but pay attention more. look them in the eyes more, but don't stare. ask them what they think about stuff or why they are single.

ok.. i will cut out the touch.... it was just a gentle pat when i say bye...

so i will ask her for another lunch.. i am sure she will agree.... and during lunch ask more questions, look into her eyes, and flirt... sounds right?

when do i ask for her number? is it a good time to ask her number, when she is waiting for her ex?

Did she bring up her ex a while back when you first went to lunch? How long ago was that? If it's been a while, I'd proceed to ask her out but cautiously--be prepared for rejection if she's still up in the air about her ex.

Don't just talk to her about work--that's surefire way to be friendzoned. Start asking about other stuff like Ghost said, and add in some light teasing and some smiling. Be obvious about it but not so obvious taht she can't wait to get the hell out of there.

I thought she really wasn't with her ex.

I think she's fair game...ask for the number now. If she gives it up, you'll be good to go.

correct... she is not with her ex... he lives somewhere else.... but she told me that she has given him time until June 2. if he doesn't respond then she is done with him...

Did she bring up her ex a while back when you first went to lunch? How long ago was that? If it's been a while, I'd proceed to ask her out but cautiously--be prepared for rejection if she's still up in the air about her ex.

Don't just talk to her about work--that's surefire way to be friendzoned. Start asking about other stuff like Ghost said, and add in some light teasing and some smiling. Be obvious about it but not so obvious taht she can't wait to get the hell out of there.

hi hers,

so around 3 weeks back we went for lunch... she talked about kids and i asked her "are you married?" and she said "no". that's when she told about her ex. he lives in the same state but far away... she said she broke up but has given him time until June 2 to respond back to her about something.. she didn't tell what it is.. also i have no idea what's so special about June 2.

i NEVER talk to her about work. may be 1 line or 2 max. we usually talk about other things... smile a lot... and usually i am the first to say "alright then... catch you later" and leave...

she has a date picked out?

I'm kind of weary of that myself. Seems like she's still hung up, which means it's best not to get involved. But just in case there ahve been developments the last couple of weeks since she's said taht, proceed, but cautiously and prepare yourself for rejection just in case.

hi hers,

so around 3 weeks back we went for lunch... she talked about kids and i asked her "are you married?" and she said "no". that's when she told about her ex. he lives in the same state but far away... she said she broke up but has given him time until June 2 to respond back to her about something.. she didn't tell what it is.. also i have no idea what's so special about June 2.

i NEVER talk to her about work. may be 1 line or 2 max. we usually talk about other things... smile a lot... and usually i am the first to say "alright then... catch you later" and leave...

Don't say "catch you later". Think of the line from Dazed and Confused: "Why you gotta be such a dork, man? 'Catch you later, catch you later'". Say something like "Hope to see you around some more" or something that means you're looking forward to running into her again. "Catch you later" leaves it too up in the air.

sounds crazy right? but that's what she told me... she said "i have given him time until June 2 to respond back but i doubt he will".

i have no clue whatsoever what's special about June 2

whatever you do, don't ask.

Archived