Girl at work - Need advice

grymoire

yep.. i never asked her the details...

hers, asking for her phone number would be an obvious sign. do you agree?

I hate when guys ask for my phone number, but that's just me. Sure it may be obvious, but i think the whole phone thing is so high school. I think what you're doing so far is fine. But that may just be me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate when guys ask for my phone number, but that's just me. Sure it may be obvious, but i think the whole phone thing is so high school. I think what you're doing so far is fine. But that may just be me.

so far its been smooth.... real smooth... if we bump into each other we have small chit chat... couple of times i have stopped by her cubicle for a chat... she was very receptive both the times and we had a very good talk.... nothing related to work...

but i am worried if she will just assume that this whole thing is just friendly and put me in the friend-zone

How can a guy ask you out then?

How can a guy ask you out then?

I like email, personally. I'll give out my email address (business card if I met him through business reasons). I tend to not like phone calls until I have spent more time with a guy (say a first date)

I like email, personally. I'll give out my email address (business card if I met him through business reasons). I tend to not like phone calls until I have spent more time with a guy (say a first date)

Some women won't go out until they get a phone call first.

You all make it so hard.

Some women won't go out until they get a phone call first.

You all make it so hard.

LOL I'm not really a phone person for the most part. At least email is low pressure, IMO. You have time to think about what you say and no one is breathlessly waiting for you to sound really interesting on the spot

i agree... this stuff is really confusing

so what do i do with my cute spanish co-worker that i have a crush on?

is this the same girl the thread is about?

follow what peopl ehave been saying and I say it'll play itself out.

i agree... this stuff is really confusing

so what do i do with my cute spanish co-worker that i have a crush on?

Ask for her number...or straight out other date...so you know were you stand and can stop worrying about it.

Ask her out to lunch again ASAP. If you feel really lucky, try a beer after work (risky if you don't know her that well yet). Let her do as much talking as possible, would be my suggestion, ask a lot of leading questions to keep her talking, and be very interested in everything she says. If she starts talking about the ex, though, DON'T let that continue. Find a natural spot in the discussion and change the subject

Ask her out to lunch again ASAP. If you feel really lucky, try a beer after work (risky if you don't know her that well yet). Let her do as much talking as possible, would be my suggestion, ask a lot of leading questions to keep her talking, and be very interested in everything she says. If she starts talking about the ex, though, DON'T let that continue. Find a natural spot in the discussion and change the subject

you know COtuner, this girl talks a LOT! all i need to do is say "hello" and then keep listening to her... when we went to lunch the first time she talked so much... she was even talking about her family...

so i will certainly ask her again for lunch next week... i am sure she will agree and we'll have a good time... but my real concern is to not get friend-zoned... that's why i am wondering when to slip a big clue to her.. the clue could be asking for her number or something else.... just wondering when to drop that clue.... specifically because of the June 2 thing.

she will be here only until June end.

yeah i saw that.... but what i am saying as youre getting to know her at work... its not the same as if you guys were on dates... so social work talk, could get you landed into the friendzone.......

yeah i saw that.... but what i am saying as youre getting to know her at work... its not the same as if you guys were on dates... so social work talk, could get you landed into the friendzone.......

we never talk about work at all bmwm3.. we talk about food, music, movies etc....

btw, the girl in your avatar is HOT.. dayummm

we never talk about work at all bmwm3.. we talk about food, music, movies etc....

btw, the girl in your avatar is HOT.. dayummm

well thats good... i guess get to know her better and when her contract is up ask her out, and continue the rel you started building...

i wish she was a brunette though.....

Archived