Did I Overreact

confusedgirrl

I dont know if this is the right place for this to go but here goes.

The guy I am supposed to be seeing was sick yesterday( he had a sore throat and was losing his voice) so I sent him a text asking how he was and he didnt respond about 4 hours later when I was on my way to class I called him because he didnt respond but he didnt answer his phone. when I got to work this morning he apologized for not responding to me telling me some crap about being miserable. I think the courteous thing to do would have been to say something rather than ignore me for the whole day. This isnt the first time something like this has happened and we had talked about it before but now things are going back to how they were. When I dont respond to him he always calls me to ask why but when he doesnt respond and I try to find out why I get ignored.

But the reason I am so pissed about it is he couldnt answer me even if it was just to say I'm not feeling any better but he could call someone that we work with not once but three times. And now he is asking me why he is getting attitude from me.

Am I wrong for being angry?

Well at first when I started reading your thread I didn't understand why it bothered you but then I saw that he calls you out for the same behaviors that he does. It seems like a silly double standard to me. I don't know what to tell you because you already talked to him about it and he continues the same behavior. IMO, if someone doesn't get that they need to cut out something that bothers you (and here it's legit because of how he reacts if you do the same thing to him) then you should cut them loose. Another possible option is that you both give each other a break and neither of you gets offended when the other does not respond within hours. And just give the person time to respond when they get the chance.

If he wasn't the type to call you if you didn't respond quickly enough for his liking, I would say your expectations about how long it should take for him to get back to you when there is no pressing deadline were unreasonable.

I never really wanted an office romance but it kinda just happened. I know when i distance myself from him he will start to persue more, this is what he does, and I am tired of it. We are supposed to talk when we leave work today so I guess we will see what happens then.

i would lay it out for him that he can't be sending you this mixed message crap. either you want to date him or be his friend. he needs to understand that. if friends, you tell him, look i just want to be your friend or nothing else.

Archived