Girlfriend cuts herself, don't know what to do

i think you should just show her how much you worry about her. if she says something self degrading, just say "that's not true" and reassure her. her self degrading this is a defense mechanism, and kind of a test. she'll want somebody who cares about her enough to care about her even when she's putting herself down. just show her you care. also, try to have some more light hearted moments. try not to be too serious.

i think you should just show her how much you worry about her. if she says something self degrading, just say "that's not true" and reassure her. her self degrading this is a defense mechanism, and kind of a test. she'll want somebody who cares about her enough to care about her even when she's putting herself down. just show her you care. also, try to have some more light hearted moments. try not to be too serious.
--is that one for me? or the other person? if it is for me, well... she knows how much i worry, believe me.

Hey,

i agree with everyone's opinion in this matter. yes it is her body, but when someone is hurting themselves, their free will should be restricted at least a little. help is definitly needed. shes hurting herself... (stating the obvious... sry) you can help a lot. you really care about her. instead of telling her

i said "if you cut yourself again, I will too,"
you should ask her
"do you love me enough to stop cutting yourself?"
if shes cares as much about you as you do (obviously) for her... then she'll stop.

my PE teacher told me once to tell my motyher that. (except it was for her to stop smoking...) she had been smoking for soo long, but she stopped after i said that to her.

i hope you achieve the same success. good luck and i hope you and you gf are happy again some day.

Hey S8r55,

Im sorry tohere that matters arent improving with your girlfriend. You should go talk to some one.. similar to the authority of my high school counsellor. tell them what youhave been so bold and brave enough totelll us and if he or she sees what i see, they'll feel for you and try to helpin any way they can. you care so much for your girl friend, its evident here. she cares for you too, do the right thing for both of you.

Yeah, i have a girlfriend who is really happy most of the time(she has been having thoughts of cutting and a little about suicide), you would never know she had any type of problems (if u didnt know her very well), we are a christian couple who are growing together to better our lives for God, but just lately she has gone through some hard times and she blames herself. I love her so much! I have thought of some scripture to show to her but i dont know what else to tell her. can anyone help me? just something to tell her? thank you, Chris

• 4 years later...

I have two Questions for you 1. Do you love her 2. do you care about her. THEN DUDE TELL HER TO STOP TELL HER YOU CARE ABOUT HER IF A GIRL ASK YOU THAT THEY ARE TESTING YOU TO SEE WHAT YOU WOULD SAY AND WAHT YOU SAID WAS THE WRONG RESPONDS SHE WILL CONTINUE TO DO IT BECAUSE SHE MAYBE THINKING YOU DONT CARE OR LOVE HER ASK HER WHY DO SHE DO THAT TELL HER YOU WOULD BE SAD I BET THAT WOULD WORK CAUSE SOMETHING BOTHERING HER AND SHE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT TAKE HER TO SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP HER IF YOU LOVE YOU WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR HER AND IF YOU DONT SHE MIGHT COMMIT SUICIDE DUDE YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO SAVE HER[/i]

• 3 weeks later...

my friend cut herself for about 2-3 weeks, and it was horrible, it got to the point where she would do it in the gym in front of all our friends but she tried to hide herself. do u know why she cuts? is it just because shes depressed? try to talk to her about it, take her to get help if u can

I'm so sorry about your girlfriend. Sometimes all the hurt is just to deep rooted. I agree with everyone else though. You should just sit her down. Tell her you love her. If it get to it beg her to see help.

Especially if it's getting worse you may not want to leave her right now. I'm not saying that you have to stay with her. Do what makes you happy and healthy but I've read your posts and You seem to really and truly love her so you need to keep sane. For the both of you. All you have to do is keep trying.

I know your doing everything you can and that's all she needs. You can't push her to do something if she doesn't want to do it. She has an amazing support system.

Good Luck. I'm going to stay updated with this post in case you might need more help.