6 months after being dumped

I described my story here before and this site has really helped me heal. Wife of 12 years moved in with boyfriend 6 months ago. We have been in contact due to our daughter. I recently went limited contact but really want to talk to her about my mistakes and get her to open up about the reality of her feelings. I haven't begged her to come back but want to have one last conversation about raw feelings that would also likely lead to me giving her a couple of compliments. ( is this the one exception where a woman really doesn't want a compliment?) I want to possibly learn something I am curious to know even if it hurt. I really am resenting what seems like her throwing away all memories and the good qualities I have. We have both matured to the point where we had a of conversations like this after the break up and it helped me understand things. She likely would understand the need for this conversation so I don't get more angry and jeapordize remaining on good terms for the benefit of our daughter. Or do I just remain in very LC and she only sees me as the strong Clint eastwood type where I have completely suppressed my feelings as well. Also will a new love in my life ( that my daughter mentions) likely make her feelings noticably change at all from her wanting me to meet someone. ( completely indifferent)

Thanks in advance and this will be my last request for feedback and look forward to helping others more often since the people on this site have really helped me and others.

It seems like saying nice things and in this case about the past makes her look more and more favorably towards me although i have no chance anytime soon. I can handle being in contact (LC) but NC would give no chance of ever getting her back one day.

18:01] medicalira: That is great news J - Maddy certainly deserves that break also!!!! It makes me very happy to know that her situation will be so much better and that her after school situation will be so much more fun. Thanks - oh and thanks for saving her life in the past too!!

[18:03] medicalira: BTW I thought about that the other day in addition to you almost drowning in Cabo - No matter how sad I was in the recent past it is still so much better than those two other close calls with Maddy and you. Those outcomes I don't even want to imagine

[08:11] j: Thanks...that was really nice of you to say about the Cabo incident and of course, Maddy's two close encounters.

[08:12] it actually made my morning.

[08:12] Having a hard time at work these days...

Archived