Might end up having a verbal fight with a buddy, over a TV Show, lol

Pall Wall

I got my buddy Robert into my favorite TV show. And he loved the first season of it. He's kept up with me watching each season.

A month and a half ago I was checking out the show's Message Board Forums, and a lot of the people on their are so negative, so whiney about the show's progress, and I love how the show is going. It's having some faults and all, but I except it and take it for what it is cause I'm a faithful fan of it. I choose to stay away from the Forums, and stay away from other's negativity, I don't have to read other's negativity right? But do I have to LISTEN to it? Because my buddy Robert, every time we discuss the show he keeps beign so negative about the show's characters comparing them to season 1's success. And not only being so negative, but keeps telling me comments he's already told me before, being so redundant. And frankly... I'm sick of it. I told him months ago I decided to stay away from the negative criticisim on forums for a reason. Does it not occur to him that he's counting as one of them?

I can feel it next time we chat he's gonna bring it up, and I want to tell him, "NO, tell this to someone else who has given up on the show, I've heard ENOUGH of your criticisim of it man, just give up on the show, and move on, and I won't talk about it anymore if you won't."

This gets me wondering, do I seriously have a problem? I act like this show is mine, as if I made it, which is nuts, and I know it's not mine. I just love the show very much. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is only so much negativity and redundant talk I can take from him.

I won't say what the show is, because I don't want this thread to be about trash talking the show.

yes i agree it can be very frustrating when you're watching a show that has a love it hate it vibe about it - or when the expectations of some people haven't been met by later seasons.

I don't think you're out of line telling him not to bring that negativity to you, because as you said - you still enjoy it. And if you enjoy something and like it very much, and someone who means something to you is being negative - of course it's going to feel additionally annoying, perhaps even like a betrayal.

Cool down, and just say you don't want to talk with him about it any more

I can feel it next time we chat he's gonna bring it up, and I want to tell him, "NO, tell this to someone else who has given up on the show, I've heard ENOUGH of your criticisim of it man, just give up on the show, and move on, and I won't talk about it anymore if you won't."

Want to tell him? I would've already.

And I have no idea what show it is

Okay, the Tv Show is "Heroes." The Season Finalle tonight I admit had some faults, but some excitments too. I just believe my friend, and others are complaining because they have their expectations set way too high. But like I said, I don't want this thread to be about bashing "heroes" like others are now doing. This forum is a peaceful non-judgemental sanctuary to me.

wow could have fooled me, i would have bet my house on 'Lost' haha

Still - just tell him you've had enough of his complaining and that you enjoy it - suggest if he doesn';t enjoy it for him not to talk to you about it (or at all) and possibly stop watching it?

Archived