Hey as of many posts previous, I have mentioned my relationship with a long-distance girlfriend. We broke up in Sept. and it hurt a great deal as I loved her deeply. It was also my first relationship.

Ive moved on, met now people made new friends. Im doing well in my studies at the moment. Things mostly cant get much better. I just haven’t got a girlfriend yet. That’s the main thing thts bothering me and to be honest, is bothering me a lot.

Most of my friends are girls and are a freat bunch of people. The problem lies where most are just friends and not anything else. The ones I do fancy don’t fancy me and that’s that really. The one I fancied most doesn’t fancy me and it seems that everyone I like just don’t like me in that way.

Anyway,the main two problems are this. First, where is the best place to meet people. Bear in mind im seventeen but not really into one night stands, or short relationships at all. I avoid these at all costs.

The other problem: the previous relationship has really hurt me because I feel right slap bang in total love. As a result, im really craving it back. Not the past relationship but to be in love again. I know I cant go back to my ex. Am I being naïve in wanting love at seventeen? also, I want to have fun, you know the stuff that teens do like hanging out with girls etc. yet I think what I want is a bit too grown up for my age group. am I right?

It’s a bad situation I feel. I have no one interested in me at all and have confidence sapping out of me as we speak. So basically, where do I meet new people at my age group and my feelings strange or not?

Thanks for any help.

Appreciated.

I would love to be able to give you a little advice, but I find myself in the same situation. Even down to the month you broke up. If it's naive for you to think of finding love at 17 then it must be just as naive to think of finding it at 21. If you find any answers make sure you pass them on, but alas I believe that these kind of things are for each person to find out on there own. Where you meet people all depends on who you are trying to find. Since you are trying to find something serious the normal places probably wont serve you well simply because that's where people go to play the dating game, and I'm guessing that the game is not what you're looking for.