Chronic anxiety sufferers

justine_b

Ok, so I have had depression/anxiety since high school. It took me until my last year in college to get help, I saw a counselor for a year and took antidepressants which really helped. I have been off meds for a year, but recently i've started having the same symptoms again, but different. I will be anxious for no apparent reason and nothing I seem to do will make it go away. I just started taking meds again a week ago, and so far no change. Stress at work triggered it, and now I can't get back to where I was! So frustrated! Has anybody else had a similar experience, and how do you deal! Unfortunately, the only thing that really works to curb my anxiety is alcohol, but I am trying to avoid going down that path.

Thanks!

Ok, so I have had depression/anxiety since high school. It took me until my last year in college to get help, I saw a counselor for a year and took antidepressants which really helped. I have been off meds for a year, but recently i've started having the same symptoms again, but different. I will be anxious for no apparent reason and nothing I seem to do will make it go away. I just started taking meds again a week ago, and so far no change. Stress at work triggered it, and now I can't get back to where I was! So frustrated! Has anybody else had a similar experience, and how do you deal! Unfortunately, the only thing that really works to curb my anxiety is alcohol, but I am trying to avoid going down that path.

Thanks!

Can't help you any really as I have the same problem. I used to get major anxiety attacks, took meds for a couple of years, and now I only get mild attacks now and then. I guess all you need to do is wait for the meds to start working - usually takes about a month.

Sn0man is exactly right. You have to wait for the meds to start to work in system. Taking them for a week won't do that. You have to be patient and they usually, like he said take about a month.

Hang in there. I know exactly what you are going through. It's not fun. But at least you are seeking help for it. Alcohol is not the answer.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Archived