Hey, this is my first post here, hopefully its in the correct location, if not feel free to move.

So here's the deal.

I work in a restaurant and we just got our reviews with our raise. My older brother and his girlfriend are the two managers that I work with most frequently, so obviously they would get the most say in my review. At work I usually end up having to work harder than other employees, and clean up after them because its kind of expected of me. I sort of end up being bitter about it but, over the last six months I honestly think that my attitude has gotten a lot better. However, there was one more recent (maybe a month to a month and a half) "altercation" that my brothers girlfriend and I had where one of the other employees told me what station I was told to work at, so I went there and got right to work. Not even two minutes of being on the clock my brothers girlfriend/manager went psycho and started yelling at me about how I never listen to where I am told to go and made a huge scene that other employees as well as customers couldn't help but hear. On top of this our store manager stood there the entire time and didn't say a word about how she was out of line, rather, he made it seem like I was at fault. I never got any form of apology from either of them. Anyways, I obviously got pretty upset about this and was in a bad mood the rest of the day. This is the most recent thing that I can think of that could have possibly gotten me a bad review.

So when I got my review I got several below standards marks that I think are complete bull like: strives for continuous improvement and participates as a member of the team, etc. Each had a comment about how I have a bad attitude. I only ended up with a .06 raise.

After seeing that I was furious and was in a horrible mood the rest of the day, which I realize I shouldn't have done.

Then I found out that an employee who vandalized a manager and another employees car by keying the body and the windows, as well as stealing our eggs and using them to throw at the cars, got a higher raise than I did. To me that is worse than anything that I have ever done.

So anyways, I was wondering if talking to our head manager, who ultimately fills out our reviews, could get me the higher raise I think I deserve. Also, how I should go about doing this.

My apologies for the wall of text, and thank you to all of those who took the time to read.

Hey, this is my first post here, hopefully its in the correct location, if not feel free to move.

So here's the deal.

I work in a restaurant and we just got our reviews with our raise. My older brother and his girlfriend are the two managers that I work with most frequently, so obviously they would get the most say in my review. At work I usually end up having to work harder than other employees, and clean up after them because its kind of expected of me. I sort of end up being bitter about it but, over the last six months I honestly think that my attitude has gotten a lot better. However, there was one more recent (maybe a month to a month and a half) "altercation" that my brothers girlfriend and I had where one of the other employees told me what station I was told to work at, so I went there and got right to work. Not even two minutes of being on the clock my brothers girlfriend/manager went psycho and started yelling at me about how I never listen to where I am told to go and made a huge scene that other employees as well as customers couldn't help but hear. On top of this our store manager stood there the entire time and didn't say a word about how she was out of line, rather, he made it seem like I was at fault. I never got any form of apology from either of them. Anyways, I obviously got pretty upset about this and was in a bad mood the rest of the day. This is the most recent thing that I can think of that could have possibly gotten me a bad review.

So when I got my review I got several below standards marks that I think are complete bull like: strives for continuous improvement and participates as a member of the team, etc. Each had a comment about how I have a bad attitude. I only ended up with a .06 raise.

After seeing that I was furious and was in a horrible mood the rest of the day, which I realize I shouldn't have done.

Then I found out that an employee who vandalized a manager and another employees car by keying the body and the windows, as well as stealing our eggs and using them to throw at the cars, got a higher raise than I did. To me that is worse than anything that I have ever done.

So anyways, I was wondering if talking to our head manager, who ultimately fills out our reviews, could get me the higher raise I think I deserve. Also, how I should go about doing this.

My apologies for the wall of text, and thank you to all of those who took the time to read.

Archived