Poem that I wrote my ex from 7 months ago.

Hey everyone.. Just wanted to get some feed back of the poem I sent my ex-girlfriend today. I've been on this site many times and have received alot of advice ..Thanks

The history of our relationship is that we broke up 7 months ago after a 2 year 10 month relationship.She started dating someone soon after ..About 2 weeks after to be exact and as far as I know she is still with him.

We do not really speak to each other much now ..About once every 1.5 months or so when she calls to see if any mail has been sent to my place still.

Anyways this is my e-mail I sent her..just a final farewell I suppose.

What do you think?

Hey, I wrote this for you months and months ago , just a little poem to say I'm sorry for everything. I don't expect a reply I just wanted to tell you.

I'm sorry for my words

I'm sorry for the pain

I'm sorry that I was heartless

I'm sorry that I messed up

I'm sorry for everything

The only thing I am not sorry for

Is that I love you

And for the amazing friendship

I'm sorry I ruined everything

And I'm sorry my apologies mean nothing...

Telling the truth won't do,

for that was a surprise to be

God alone knows that I really wanted to make a change

and be the first to greatly surprise you.

I know exactly how you feel about me

for it's not the first time it's happening

and I doubt if you'd ever again give me a genuine smile.

I'm sorry from the bottom most part of my heart

and it was never meant to be that way

and from someone who madly

and frankly loves you I'll miss you.

You were and always have been sweet,

I miss your touch ,you're comfort and more so I'll miss you.

but whoever loves you, better love you the way I did

coz one day you'll realise I love you .

I love you and as long as your happy

I'm happy too and I'll desperately miss you!

Take care,

The main question I have though...I haven't sent her the e-mail yet....should I even consider sending it? I mean it's been 7 months since we broke up and I think she is still with the same guy...From what I've heard though that after 7 months her parents haven't even met him yet?Is this normal? I think I met her parents about a month after we started going out and saw them once a month or so even though they lived about an hours drive away..

Anyways back to my question...should I even bother sending this e-mail?Or would it be too pathetic?

Thanks for your replies

Hey Bubba welcome back! *This is a mess *

Very very good poem. Really deep, the length represents to me how much stuff we need to get off our chest if we ever confessed to the ex. i guess i can't really finds the right words (thats my problem anyway), so i end up writing long ones like yours.

But i am surprised at your state of mind. 7 months have passed now. You've been with another girl for 5 of those 7 months, and even went through a spell of moving on from this site. Why do i remember you? Because me and you were in the same stages of the break up when you was posting those threads a couple of months ago. My impressions were then and are now that I thought you'd finally moved on .

7 months is a very long time and if she hasn't given you any hints of wanting to return, then its safe to bet that it wasn't ment to be. I guess you've obviously realised that, and i can see why you call it a 'final farewell'.

But what i am surprised at is that you even considered writing that poem, and all the things you said in it. Its unfortunately evident you are as hurt and wounded as day one, and though you may have got used to the hurt, its still there and will continue to be until you decide to heal them. You are still concerned about her and her man (little things like meeting the parents) and you are trying to find some hope that she will leave him pretty soon.

She's nice but the bottom line I still love my ex.I think of her often.

I don't think your current relationship and love life is going anywhere? Can you see it for what it is now, and not for what it was? The ex is gone, and i feel that you have only relpaced it with this new girl- what is known as a rebound. If that quote is your conclusion on your love life at the moment, i think its time to you stepped back and sort yourself out, because these feelings for the ex will haunt you in every relationship until you do something about it.

And the first step is by not sending that poem. If you do, its not like shes going to read it, cry and forgive you and come running back to you (something inside me says that is what you are hoping for), so save yourself some pride and show her that after 7 months you have changed and aren't still stuck in that same hole pathetically.

Next tell her that if any mail arrives under her name, then you will call her, not the other way round. If you don't get a call, then theres no mail for you hun right? You must keep away from her now at all costs.

Now that shes out the way, its time to think about your current girl. Shes been through 5 months with you giving it her all (i hope), and in all honesty, shes been a rebound for you. If you can continue with her without comparing her and the relationship to that of the ex, then i would say you confront her, tell her your problem and see if shes willing carry on and help you move on with her by your side.

If you can't (most likely), its time to call it a day and tell her that if she wants you to be in a relationship with her and not the old ghost of your ex, then you need to heal without any rebounds and reminders. When you take this route and heal properly, then you can feel love again and place the ex in the past.

7 months. Thats over half a year Bubba. 8 months on now for me now, and i am fully ready to love again. I think its time you did the same.

Good luck

Hey thanks for the reply vfunkera...honestly you made alot of sense and agree with the most of what you said. About the new girl and the ex..I shouldn't compare the two but unfortunetly I do ...

I go through good times and bad times but I guess that it's because I'm 28 and she's the only girl I've ever had a "Real" relationship with other than a girl I went out with for one year when I was 20. Some days I think it's for the best and others I hope that we will be back together again..false hope I guess. And for this new girl I fell really bad, honestly I do..I mean she's a really nice girl and would do anything for me and myself on the other hand just seem to not be able to let myself get close to her. She got mad at me for the first time on Saturday..She was saying that she didn't think that I cared for her. She even mentioned to me that I never referred to her as my girlfriend to anyone.. I guess it's true..

She's gotten attached to me more than I have to her and I feel bad for this but I have even dated about 3 other girls at the same time..Not for long but just dates..

The bottom line is that I should work on my new relationship and forget about the past one or just let go of the new girl in a nice way. Maybe I just answered my own question there about letting go of the new girl since obviously and unfortunetly not my choice but still stuck on my ex.

Maybe being without any woman will let me move on completely... I must say though I am feeling alot better now though then when we first broke up 7 months ago...The first 3 months were the worst...