Received email from ex today. Is it time to break NC??

Grant218

A little update on my current situation...

NC was going great and I was feeling better with each new day. Then yesterday I get a couple of texts from my ex saying it's important and we need to talk. blah, blah I've heard that line before, so I ignore the texts. Then today I get this email:

"i'm not worth it anymore to you am I? even if i told you that you were the one? i'm forced to do it in an email. f--- this, f--- life. i'm tired of games and being the bad guy. i tried. i wanted to tell you what my heart is telling me. and to do that over email because its the only choice i have makes me realize that my heart matters to nobody, not even the guy who said that he loved me, but apparently its not true."

Keep in mind she is still with her rebound boyfriend. So, would responding to her email help my situation or just end up backfiring?

She is still with her rebound boyfriend.. personally I would be very wary of contacting her. Also, based on her email it seems like she is trying to guilt you into contacting her.

The question you should ask yourself is.. do you still want her back? It seems like your healing was coming along nicely. If you contact her now and things go sour you could find yourself back at square one.

You both make excellent points. I do want her back though, which is why I was thinking about saying something like "if you want to work on us getting back together i'm willing to talk but don't say that you're confused or 'i'm the one' while you're dating someone else." Just to send the message that "i'm willing but you have to break it off with rebound guy first"

But I can certainly continue with NC. Bottom line is I do want her back.

Things are going sour with her rebound boyfriend and she's trying to guilt you into contacting her so she can see if you'd take her back.

If things were going great with her new bf, she wouldn't be taking the time to e-mail you, or try to guilt trip you into contacting her. Ignore her, let her deal with her relationship problems on her own. She brought it on herself.

Things are going sour with her rebound boyfriend and she's trying to guilt you into contacting her so she can see if you'd take her back.

If things were going great with her new bf, she wouldn't be taking the time to e-mail you, or try to guilt trip you into contacting her. Ignore her, let her deal with her relationship problems on her own. She brought it on herself.

Nail on the head. Do NOT reply to her. If you do decide to, do not mention anything about your relationship. Be as nonchalant as possible. Just be completely dismissive of her games. say something like "haha! you always were a drama queen!!" or you've been busy etc. Totally disarm her.

DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT YOU GUYS GETTING BACK TOGETHER.

Hi Grant

Remind yourself why you broke up with her in the first place. Didn't you say she was very selfish? Do you really want to go back to that?

Mark

You forgot psycho and vindictive...

But you're right. Something to think about.

"Love is the strange bewilderment that overtakes one person on account of another person.”

Archived