Need some advice from you all...

I really need help with this...MY SO just called. He told me his aunt passed away from a brain aneurysm...she was like a mother to him and he is devastated.We were going to meet today to discuss our relationship issues and have been communicating over texts until now when he called... and I really want to put aside our issues and be a support for him. I have never been good at what to say or do to console someone in matters of death . what do I say? I said I am sorry to hear this and I am here for him if he wants to talk.he is flying out now with his family to be there for his relatives...please guide me so that I can handle this sensitive topic properly.I want to be able to be there for him but don't know how often to call? text? THank you for all your help...I would appreciate any advice.

If I was you I would call as texting probably isn't appropriate at this time. I would say something like: "I wanted to call to say how sorry I am to hear about your aunt. If there is anything I can do please let me know..." - then get in touch again when he is back...

Also find a nice sympathy card to send also. It'll show you do care and are there for him.

Archived