What does " Friend With Benefits" mean?

Forumzguy

I've heard this many times when girls say that they don't want a boyfriend, they just need a guy to be friend with benefits. What does it really mean? Is it just like a boyfriend and more than just a friend? Does it mean that they still can hook up and do whatever a couple does?

There's not really any such thing as a "friend with benefits." It's the euphemism people use for casual sex when they aren't comfortable with themselves admitting that they are someone who enjoys casual sex.

I know very few men whom I've ever heard use the term (usually metrosexual types) unless they are talking to women and don't want to appear crude, they will usually call such an arrangement, "this girl I'm banging." Women use it to help themselves feel less sleazy or to make their lives sound exciting without sounding tawdry.

Have often wondered where this empty term came from and how it got to be so popular. People should be honest with themselves about what they want sexually and go for it without all the duplicitous window dressing.

What about when it isnt all about sex,is still FWB? I mean he isnt your bf but you two have sex and contact each other to know how you doing and so on and not just for sex.

still an fwb if there is no intention of moving forward. if one is hoping for more and the other isn't, then they are lying to themselves and connecting sex with emotion.

Archived