proposing to my boyfriend

here's the deal:

we've told each other we want to get married... later. well now it's a few years later...

we were watching a tv show where the woman proposed to the man and he thought it was SO COOL...

i think he'd be SO EXCITED for me to propose to him (save him the trouble )... but i don't know if he's ready yet... it's not like i can ask him or i'll ruin the surprise... so now what!?

should i be brave and do it anyways? i wanna, but here's the next problem - HOW?

be brave and honest he's a guy you will not make a fool of yourself. if he's not ready he'll tell you just remember there is always another time.just tell him that you want to marry him. (every guy's wish is that he didn't\doesn't have to make the moves)

• 6 years later...

I would be scared too. Do you think this has come about just because you saw the TV show and you think it's now time or do you just feel ready and feel that it's right. If you think he would say yes then go for it.

Call me old fashioned but another reason I wouldn't do it apart from being scared is that I would want him to do it to see what kind of romantic way he would come up with to do it.