What to do with possible soulmate?

ajaxajax

Hi all

I have a question:

Say, if you have known a person of the opposite gender and you suddenly get a funny feeling about him/her being the very best potential partner for you after knowing and being in love with with that person - even if occupied, how might you feel about approaching that special person?

I know that, in the ideal world, people would just run up to them and get it over and done with. But, I know that, in the REAL world, it's not so simple...

First, I would level-set what you're experiencing - I'll bet it's an infatuation rather than an actual soulmate. How could you possibly know someone is a soul-mate without spending extended periods of time with them alone? In my opinion, you don't just get a funny feeling - "oh hey, she's my soulmate" - a soul-mate is a realization that happens over a longer period of time.

Either way, if she's your soulmate or you're infatuated, she's taken. Move on! There are plenty of girls out there and, like I said, I'd be willing to bet she's not the only one for you, even though it may feel that way right now.

I guess its kinda funny how the whole soulmate thing works because this tends to happen. I would just look at it and see if this is really what you think is happening or maybe something is causing you to see it this way. I just say that because if its something else then that can be making this into something it isnt. I guess if your sure then its kinda up to how something could work out between you two. You would have to deal with if they have any feelings for you, if they are occupied like you said, or i guess the ideal situation is that you both feel the same and it will work itself out. I dont think either way its an easy answer because the only way you will really ever find out is if you go for it. Its just things could make it complicated so you sometimes want to find a way to make it easier. I would also ask how old you are because even if you are young it could happen but sometimes you need to learn from experience. Its just you never really know so sometimes you just need to go with how things are now and try to enjoy and appreciate them.

Maybe the word, soulmate, was not the best to use...I know that there are lots of others I could end up with. Sorry...

In my case, I have known a lady for six years and have not felt anything towards her for the first 18 months or so, but then I just started to feel she would be a nice chic. I spent time alone with her in different settings (inside and outside uni) and even when she was occupied, I always respected the boundaries (as much as I hated her bfs). I still love her - definitely not an infatuation...I had one back in high school even though I barely spoke to the object (another chic)...how STUPID of me!

Had the lady not reciprocated, I would have given up on her long ago. HOWEVER, she appeared to love me more than just a friend. For example, for her 21st birthday, I handed to her a "friendly" love letter. She could have told me to never see her again, call the police etc. But, she ended up crying the whole morning. When we were talking for the first time about that, she said she felt "all torn up".

The advice to move on is perfectly understandable but the whole situation is just complicated to explain.

Anyway, I really wanted to ask on how would you feel if you suddenly have that realisation you were talking about for a particular person.

Hi all

I have a question:

Say, if you have known a person of the opposite gender and you suddenly get a funny feeling about him/her being the very best potential partner for you after knowing and being in love with with that person - even if occupied, how might you feel about approaching that special person?

I know that, in the ideal world, people would just run up to them and get it over and done with. But, I know that, in the REAL world, it's not so simple...

Kind of happened with my current SO. We got along great and there seemed to be alot of potential. But of course there was always that tiny chance we had it all wrong and maybe we not good matches at all.

I'd approach it very cautiously!

Try hanging out a bit more as you would with any other guy, but just don't "jump into it" too quick. If things don't work out it could ruin the friendship and IMO it's just not worth it for a casual dating experience/one time thing.

Try and get a feel if they're on the same page of you. It could take some weeks.

Is there any flirting going on?

It's much easier of course if this other person is not dating anyone and may have interest in you too of course..

Archived