I cant see the bad in people?

top bloke

I meet alot of people and even the worst people I can open up my heart and talk to. Its funny because I strike up great conversations and generally get on like a house on fire.I mean anyone... Is this strange? Why is it that I can enjoy anybodies company and chat? Some of these people are the preverbial scum of the earth and yet because we have good talks I can honestly say that I never feel unsafe or feel like there is anything wrong with them . Is this strange? I feel I can talk to anybody... When people see me next they welcome me from all spectrums of life. Its like we have an invisible understanding and we both like sharing our stories..am I the odd man out?

I'd say that I can talk to anyone and have a good conversation, and although I have opened up my heart to many people where others would stay miles away (which doesn't mean that I don't see the difficulties with that person), I can't say that I open my heart to everyone. I experienced that while I believe in "love thy neighbor" you still have to maintain some boundaries to protect yourself.

Sometimes it's even more difficult to maintain those healthy boundaries with people who you care about, because you are willing to give them more energy than you can afford

I believe that is a good and bad trait to carry all at the same time. It means you've got a good heart, but at the same time it can leave you a vulnerable spot.

I tend to be this way also. I think I just choose to ONLY see the good when I know there is bad.

I'd say that I can talk to anyone and have a good conversation, and although I have opened up my heart to many people where others would stay miles away (which doesn't mean that I don't see the difficulties with that person), I can't say that I open my heart to everyone. I experienced that while I believe in "love thy neighbor" you still have to maintain some boundaries to protect yourself.

Sometimes it's even more difficult to maintain those healthy boundaries with people who you care about, because you are willing to give them more energy than you can afford

For me I dont avoid anyone..even if they were an axe murderer. Strange thing is that my expressive face..smile and easy going attitude never puts me at risk...

I believe that is a good and bad trait to carry all at the same time. It means you've got a good heart, but at the same time it can leave you a vulnerable spot.

I tend to be this way also. I think I just choose to ONLY see the good when I know there is bad.

I dont give more of myself than I have to..I keep part of my reserve.Still I manage to get their respect...?

When I talk to people I picture what theyre saying to me and can relate to alot of their ideas and emotions. I literally feel what they are saying. Its like we are not sharing a simple story but I feel their story.Its like for one moment I enter their mind and actually see through their eyes..it is weird.When I help people here ..I actually do the same. The funny thing is that I believe they feel that I am on their level in that moment...

I think I used to be more of this way but coming to college has opened my eyes a bit.

I don't think anyone has any evil in them. I believe that "bad" people are actually acting out on insecurities, fears, and their own personal demons. It isn't because they actually want to hurt someone. So, I see mean people as someone I pity. However, I am inclined to not talk to those sorts.

Unfortunately, the people that fall in the category of "people I don't want to talk to" has increased a lot since coming to college. I think it's because I've learned to stand up for myself.

I believe that is an amazing trait. That means you have a big heart. Nothing wrong with a big heart. As long as you know your boundaries with people.

I think it's great.

Mine only seems to make me seem weak. I think I come off as weak.

I used to think I was weak..but realised that my true intentions are good .You are good..we are strong.

Lost ..what can I say about you except that you are just a lovely person and we are lucky to have you here..

Debasser..I have found that my inner strength has multiplied a thousand times since my realisation. I seem to understand more by the varied array of people I meet. However I still protect my soul..

It is a surreal perception sometimes like that of a lion high up on a rock with a view to much splendour and danger. I realise that good and bad are all part of life..I like to live in harmony with it.

Its not arrogance but a heightened sense from learning.I like learning from people from all walks of life.

That's interesting. We're pretty much polar opposites, then. I have an incredibly hard time seeing the good people. All I see are selfish motives, people looking out for themselves, helping out when it's convenient so they can pat themselves on the back and feel good about themselves. There are good people, but they're not easy to find. It's too easily faked, and that's the problem.

That's interesting. We're pretty much polar opposites, then. I have an incredibly hard time seeing the good people. All I see are selfish motives, people looking out for themselves, helping out when it's convenient so they can pat themselves on the back and feel good about themselves. There are good people, but they're not easy to find. It's too easily faked, and that's the problem.

I was like you..not happy with people and realised..it was really me. I originally learnt my lesson the hard way. I was an angry person.but thats a different story..getting sick helped me alot

I was like you..not happy with people and realised..it was really me. I originally learnt my lesson the hard way. I was an angry person.but thats a different story..getting sick helped me alot

I won't deny that I'm angry, but I won't take all the responsibility for it either. When a sick person sneezes on you, you can get sick. When you're around a lot of fake, selfish people you can become angry. I'll own up to choosing not to change, but angry or not people will act according to their true natures.

But I am not a follower of the "zen/power of positivity" movement that has become so popular, so I imagine there won't be too many people who agree with me.

Mum and dad used to say to me the nice polite talking can draw the snake out of the hole.I suppose in a way its true.Even the seemingly worse people need someone to listen to them without judgement and so I do and feel rewarded by those experiences.

I won't deny that I'm angry, but I won't take all the responsibility for it either. When a sick person sneezes on you, you can get sick. When you're around a lot of fake, selfish people you can become angry. I'll own up to choosing not to change, but angry or not people will act according to their true natures.

But I am not a follower of the "zen/power of positivity" movement that has become so popular, so I imagine there won't be too many people who agree with me.

When a sick person sneezes on me I forgive them..we can see fake people so why not go deeper? I had my first employee by default..we got along like friends.He later confessed that hed been to jail for some bad offences.I looked at him and said..look at the man you have become.He was a good man to me despite his past.

Maybe my clarity has come from facing and conquering my fear of death ?I feel that all problems can find resolve in this life if we are willing to really listen, helpand help ourselves. I have seen people complaining about life ..their souls dissipated withfear,guilt,hate...for no real reason but for its manifestation. I see this and can help them put it into perspective.. it doesnt matter to me where theyve been..

That's good, man. A lot of people never reach that emotional height or awareness. I know I can't and wont, but it's hard to reach people like that I s'pose. All I do is my day to day thing and hope for something better when I Know it isn't coming. Oh well. I don't foresee having to deal with all of it for too much longer. I don't really fear death, either.

That's good, man. A lot of people never reach that emotional height or awareness. I know I can't and wont, but it's hard to reach people like that I s'pose. All I do is my day to day thing and hope for something better when I Know it isn't coming. Oh well. I don't foresee having to deal with all of it for too much longer. I don't really fear death, either.

All we have is hope sometimes man.I hope good stuff comes your way that makes you smile

I think everyone has at least a little bit of good in them...even an ex murderer (take that back, my son's judge is an evil b****)Anyhoo....I like everyone, but I'm not one for sticking around listening to those who are constant complainers. They get under my skin in a hurry. Some ppl just cant find any good in their lives.....maybe they don't bother to look.

Kuddo's to you..

I think everyone has at least a little bit of good in them...even an ex murderer (take that back, my son's judge is an evil b****)Anyhoo....I like everyone, but I'm not one for sticking around listening to those who are constant complainers. They get under my skin in a hurry. Some ppl just cant find any good in their lives.....maybe they don't bother to look.

Cuddo's to you..

What is cuddos?

I know what you are saying and it is very admirable TopBloke!

Your starting point is genuine and truthful, every person can sense that. Your desire to interract is based on strength not on an insecurity to be loved and because of that you probably know where to stop. People sense that, your openess and your boundaries and in a way YOU are in control, that's why it rarely turns bitter.

It's a very good trait

Archived