Question(s) for the ladies

flasc

This is my first time posting. Did a bit of lurking for info after a recent breakup. But here goes..

I was in a coffee shop and shared a table with a really cute girl. Naturally, I checked her out when we both first sat down. We were both studying for tests, so we were both pretty involved with our work. Whenever she would take a sip of her coffee, she would look up at me. This was at least a handful of times that I caught her looking at me. I would smile etc. I also attempted to make small talk about the test that she was studying for. She seemed shy, and would give me brief answers. So towards the end of her stay, she sat for a minute or two then left. Do you think she was flirting with me? Should I have done more to start a conversation? Would she have done this if there wasn't any attraction? I know it may not be enough to go on.

I think the probability of seeing her again is pretty high. Especially if she's studying for a test. If she is interested, I don't want to let this opportunity pass by. What should I do next time, assuming any of you think she's interested.

If you see her again, try to draw her out a little more. Make small talk. Find out something about her, then use it later to ask her for her phone number or ask her out. Ex., find out what classes she is taking. If she's really into her art classes or something, see if she wants to go to a gallery or a museum.

Never assume anything. If you see her next time, see how it goes. Maybe you will share a table again. Maybe not. If you dont, then atleast say hello as you pass by or leave. If you do share a table again, ask her how shes been. Usually when someone is interested, they dont keep it to small talk. She may have been busy or didnt feel like speaking. It doesnt sound entirely like she was flirting if you ask me, then again, I dont know her. Wait until next time to see what happens. I wouldnt just ask her out without really talking to her first.

I say go for it if you see her again. But start off casually say hello and such and if you don't know how to extend the convo pasted hello maybe ask how the test went that she was studying for, what is her major, etc and then go from there. She may not be interested but I think a second convo could help clarify her interest.

I've been really busy before studying for a test and sitting next to a guy I thought was HOT and couldn't talk b/c I really needed to study. Maybe thats the case. Catch her when she's not studying for a test and see how she reacts. You can better guage what to do next by how she acts towards you when she ISN'T busy.

Archived