How to get him to compliment me

I have a great relationship with my boyfriend. We have been together for years. But he used to compliment me more on how beautiful I am or how great my body is. It may sound shallow but I want him to still say these things so badly. I have told him that and now he does tell me that I'm beautiful but I think he feels like he's too rehearsed when he says it now. How many ways can I drop a hint? I wrote him, talked to him, and even had my friend drop a few hints on the subject. He calls to tell me he loves me all the time. Am I being silly? Any girls with some tips on getting him just as hot for me as he was when we first dated?

Hi cookiepuss,

Welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to this site with your question.

I would like to explain to you that love very often is dynamic. You keep being attached to a person, but in different ways. You b/f used to say all those sweet things and your relationship shifted and developed in a new way, where your b/f still loves you, but differently. I am not sure if you could do something about this.

What you could try is to use different lingerie as you used to use. Try to wear something REALLY sexy and see how this works when you make love.

I hope this helped you on your way and wish you good luck

~ SwingFox ~

thanks, SwingFox. I always wear sexy lingerie tho. I have a habit of wearing lacy black lingerie with garter belts and seamed stockings. I also wear different colors and always wear well crafted lingerie. I hope that I don't make anyone feel uncomfortable when I add that my boyfriend has NEVER had that "little problem" a lot of guys often do. My boyfriend always makes it to the finish line, as one would say. I guess I just want him to say, "Wow. You look amazing!", ya know.

Over the life of a relationship things change. He must still love you and be attracted to you or he wouldn't be around.

Sometimes you must develop yourself in new ways to attract his attention. Ask him about work or what sports he likes and really pay attention to his words, body language, feelings.

He may be under alot of stress or just not feeling that well. Maybe he is becoming intersted in new things and wants to tell you about that but he is afraid of what your reaction may be.

Sometimes they just don't want to rock the boat, right Swing Fox!

Tell him that you love him and that anything he wants to say or ask is ok. You will always love him.

• 2 months later...