Your Help/Advice Is Really Needed..

No contact is not possible within this situation when we share the same friends and are forced into situations with each other.

I'm trying to find the best possible way to get over a girl i've been seeing for the past 3 months, and get back to being friends as quick as possible, but it's easier said than done, we're together at university and are living in the same building, this means that we see each other everyday, so the healing process for me is difficult as i have to see her everyday and its leaving me hurting and pining.

It all started off great, we were best friends and then got together and it went from there , it was great, the dates, the sex, the companionship, everything was just fantastic, however whenever a relationship was talked about it was clear that we( more importantly she) were not ready, she had a bad experience with her ex a year ago now, where they were together and planned to go travelling together he ended up cheating on her and going on their same plan travelling with his new love and it's really messed her up, and she told me although she wanted to more than anything she couldn't give me her full love as she still has these thoughts and feelings for her ex...

It's been over a month since we decided to stop things, we went on vacation where we went back to our hometowns and thought that would be a good time to start going back to being friends.. however this didn't happen and we ended up talking everyday, and i went to see her for 3 days, it was all amazing, and we decided to carry on as we were at university as it was so good, however back here for a few days and she tells me things are too intense with not being able to see as much of other friends etc, and i know she has dreams about him... so we finally brought a stop to this about a week or so ago after being on and off to a good 3 weeks, and i guess i'm just finding it really hard,

we have the same friends are in the same tight knit friendship group, me moving elsewhere is not possible, and no contact is not possible..and we're here till the end of the semester, i just want our friendship to work for mine and our friends and her sake.. but am finding it very hard as obviously i have feelings for her when i'm with her, and it really just seems like its not bothering her one bit and all her feelings for me have gone.. she's got with another guy a couple of times, and is still obviously confused, i just want to get back to how we were before but that is easier said than done,

more than anything i just want to be happy and back to my normal lively self which i feel has been missing for the past month and i know others have thought it too... but am left wandering how...

I think you are getting too wrapped up in this situation. If you can't enforce NC then don't worry about why you can't. That is just your situation and you will have to make the best of it. This really can be lousy advice but.. sometimes a good way to get over somebody is to date around a bit and see what is out there. I understand completely how hard it can be living is such a tight community. Exercise might lift your mood a bit?

Archived