from chicken to "chicken"

redhearts

Well I need to convert little Ms. spoiled brat. My dad had got her into eating human food only and now that I have her all to myself; dog food. I just don't know how to do it.

Starve her? What I mean is not give any chicken, have dog food out, but she doesn't eat the dog food, so its pretty much like starving her. Or should I be doing the feed her twice a day? Put food out for 15 minutes, if she doesn't eat it, put it away. Then repeat in another 15 minutes? I'm clueless.

What should I feed her? If I try dog food and chicken, which I usually do, she eats the chicken and removes the dog food from her bowl to the floor.

Should I get some kind of wet food, mix it with a TINY TINY bit of chicken and dry food?

You choose a decent dog food, that you know she likes from past experience, and you put it out at the usual times she would eat. If she eats it, fine. If she doesn't, she goes hungry. Don't vary the routine. She'll quickly realise that holding out for something better, which is what she is doing at the moment (and successfully, by the sounds of it), is no longer going to work, she'll forget about it, and she'll go back to enjoying dogfood. Well, eating it, anyway.

That is the thing. I am being 100% serious when I say I have tried EVERY SINGLE brand of dog food except Halo and AvoDerm. She doesn't like ANYTHING AT ALL. NOTHING. That is why my dad started feeding her chicken, she didn't like any of her dog food that we bought. All she did was attack it.

How do you feed a dog than? You put out the food at certian times for 15 minutes, if she doesn't eat it then you put it away for 20 minutes. Then try again? I'm confused.

Oh I know she eats Nutra something because she would only eat it if I fed it to her by hand. So maybe I'll snag some of that and some wet food. HMM.

Well my brother had a trainer for his dog and I would put the food out like you said then put it away. Also The trainer told my bro b/c his dog had a problem with pooping in the house. If she doesnt eat put her in the cage. Take her out and put her infront of the food if she doesnt eat it back in the cage. It made my bro's dog stop having accidents in the house. The trainer said this was a way to tell them if they dont(go to the bathroom) or in your case eat she cant play.

She doesn't have accidents, she just pees inside because I don't have a backyard. She only pees on puppy pads, so I don't really say accident, she knows where her bathroom is. I put a puppy pad in the bathroom she will pee on that puppy pad, not the floor. So I'm just thinking they sell doggy litter boxes, to put a puppy pad inside so it looks a little neater. Although I don't know if I should introduce her later to puppy litter.

link removed

Reusable puppy pad. BUT ew I wouldn't put that in my washing machine! I would go elsewhere lol. Its a thought if it absorbs smell better. Or should I get a glade plug in or candle?

I'm thinking of buying a medium sized, well my puppy is a toy version, but she does circle around so she needs space.

image removed

Your dog is more high-maintenance than most girls.

I think you should try wet dog food. Every dog I've ever met goes crazy for it. If she likes it, try mixing it with regualr dry food. If that doesnt work, you could try mixing it with the chicken and each week slowly cut back on the amount of chicken you mix in. And if that doesnt work, I think you're screwed

I've never heard of a dog being potty-trained inside. That's interesting. I cant stand cats and their kitty litter though, so that would never work for me. I think scented candles or plug-ins should help with the smell though.

She is trained to go outside to pee and poop, to ask. But thing is I refuse to get up at 3 a.m. So puppy pad it is!!! Ya she is high maintenance. IT SUCKS! I kind of like the litter box though its cute, I can put it in my bathroom, not in my second closet! Right now her puppy pads are in my second closest, but better if its just her room and not her room/her bathroom.

Get canned chicken (sold just like canned tuna) & mix in very well in her dry dog food, where all the dry food is coated w/ the chicken juices. That way she will be more open to eating her dog food (give her more dog food than the canned chicken). This canned chicken isn't dog food; it's made for people. I give it to my dog sdometimes when she gets anorexic.

She's spoiled b/c you made her spoiled. She won't eat dog food b/c she knows she can get away w/ not eating till you feel bad till you give her real food. Why is she in charge in your house? You should be in charge. There's no reason that it should be this hard for you. It's only hard b/c of the training you've given her (that she can get away w/ things & will get what she wants if she's stubborn). It's quite possible for you to change that.

Archived