Anyone Have Advice on this Situation?

BestScreenName

Also little over a week ago I sent a friend request to this girl on Facebook just because she goes to the same school as me. Later I read some things she had on her profile that I could relate too(just random things we have in common). Now Ive become interested in her and would like to get to know her, but I have no classes with her, and if I see her in the hall shes almost always talking to her friends. I really hate the idea of starting to talk to her on Facebook, so if I happen to see her at her locker by herself should I just go introduce myself like "Hey. Its (her name) right? Hi Im (my name), so I hear your an Auburn fan..." There arent alot of Auburn fans(its a college) at our school so I could throw in a joke like "...I hear your an Auburn fan. So that automatically makes you my new best friend. Hahaha..." Any feedback on a better way to approach the situation would be great. Also one of my not so close friends know her so maybe I should try to get him to introduce us? Thanks in advance.

i dont like that 'best friend' comment .. but i dont have any other comments in mind either.

Yeah that was kinda lame, but I think I'm gonna get my friend to tell her that he's got a friend that wants to meet her and I told him he can tell her who it is. Does that sound good? Cause I'm not that good at randomly approaching people.

Yeah that was kinda lame, but I think I'm gonna get my friend to tell her that he's got a friend that wants to meet her and I told him he can tell her who it is. Does that sound good? Cause I'm not that good at randomly approaching people.

thats even worse.. sorry i wish i had an idea.

Who cares if she's always with her friends. It's usually easier to talk to bigger groups of people anyways. That way there are more people talking to keep the conversation going.

I wouldn't advise on using that cheesy line you thought of. Just stick with Hey (girls name) right? Start small chit chat and take it from there. Also don't mention any information you got from checking out her profile. After you do this you'll realize it wasn't that hard and you can approach any good looking girl and her friends at school. You don't have to facebook them first.

Who cares if she's always with her friends. It's usually easier to talk to bigger groups of people anyways. That way there are more people talking to keep the conversation going.

I wouldn't advise on using that cheesy line you thought of. Just stick with Hey (girls name) right? Start small chit chat and take it from there. Also don't mention any information you got from checking out her profile. After you do this you'll realize it wasn't that hard and you can approach any good looking girl and her friends at school. You don't have to facebook them first.

Well shoot I don't know what to do. Getting a friend to introduce us is really a bad idea? I'm don't think I'm confident enough to approach people I don't know. Maybe I should just move on.

Well shoot I don't know what to do. Getting a friend to introduce us is really a bad idea? I'm don't think I'm confident enough to approach people I don't know. Maybe I should just move on.

Everyone gets scared. But think of what you're really scared of. You are scared of talking to a girl or multiple girls??? What are they going to do? Stab you?

Don't get a friend to introduce you. It gives it away that you're after her. Just be casual.

Everyone gets scared. But think of what you're really scared of. You are scared of talking to a girl or multiple girls??? What are they going to do? Stab you?

Don't get a friend to introduce you. It gives it away that you're after her. Just be casual.

Im definitely not gonna do that now since everyone is saying its a bad idea. But dont you think itll be obvious Im after her if I come up to talk to her out of nowhere? Reason Im asking is cause I really dont know. Im very unexperienced all with this and apparently I dont know what Im doing. I need all the advice I can get.

There is always this one girl I see everywhere and in the halls, and I want to make the approach. You don't have anything to lose remember that, but respect her bubble she's human like you, just maybe start off by smiling and saying hey, when you see her in the halls. Then if she replies, just keep walking, next time, you can say hey how are you i see you everywhere, kind of thing. It might be a good hook.....hope that helps

Im definitely not gonna do that now since everyone is saying its a bad idea. But dont you think itll be obvious Im after her if I come up to talk to her out of nowhere? Reason Im asking is cause I really dont know. Im very unexperienced all with this and apparently I dont know what Im doing. I need all the advice I can get.

It's ok if it's a little obvious. Talk to everyone though, not JUST her. The only way you are ever going to be "experienced" is to get experience. Whatever happens, take it as a learning experience.

There is always this one girl I see everywhere and in the halls, and I want to make the approach. You don't have anything to lose remember that, but respect her bubble she's human like you, just maybe start off by smiling and saying hey, when you see her in the halls. Then if she replies, just keep walking, next time, you can say hey how are you i see you everywhere, kind of thing. It might be a good hook.....hope that helps

Thanks. That does help cause I don't want to come on to strong and freak her out. Ill try it and hopefully Ill get something in return.

Also thanks epsilon. Ill talk to others Im not interested in and hopefully itll build my confidence up.

Archived