New girlfriend is a drama queen! Should I do anything?

To give some background, my ex and I broke up 2 weeks after he met someone new. We lived together for 9 years with an engagment just the Christmas before. I think he is a commitment phobic so instead of working on things he got someone new. I admit we were having problems and I was not happy either but he just dumped me with no discussion. Once I moved out he moved his new girlfriend and her 2 teenage, illigitimate daughters. She also let her mate and supposed father of the girls. Now the problem is that I am friends with his parents. I tried to have some communication with him as well but his woman throws a fit about it every time he talks to me. Here goes, tomorrow is a birthday party for his dad. I am invited and expected to see them there and was going to be nothing but fine with it. You know say hello and act detached about him being with her. I have totally let him go and if he returns then maybe he really did love me. If not then I can deal with that. Well anyway they are not coming to the party because she is afraid of me. His parents said he wants them to call him when I leave and he will come over and get some food for her. She thinks I am going to cause a scene. His dad told him that I do not want him back so there should be no problem. I just don't know if I should bother going except that I love his parents but what is with this freaking drama queen! She is doing all the wrong things which is the good part though. He went from a quiet life to one full of problems and drama. Maybe he likes his life that way but I doubt it. I also find it odd that he did not confront me about it, except that I know he would not want to upset me. He did complain to his parents about inviting me though, and I think she was there when he did that. His dad told him that since he said we were more like sister and brother than a couple, that now he has a daughter. In other words deal with your woman. Lisa is part of the family.

We broke up just before the holidays and my birthday. He ruined Christmas for everyone, except of course for his true love. He even bought her an expensive gift that he could not afford, and they only met on Holloween. They could not even see each other very much because of her boyfriend. It is all just too Jerry ala Springer, if you know what I mean.

What should I do?

Well considering your ex's new gf is being childish and probably annoying the hell out of EVERYONE I would just keep being normal. Theres no reason for you not to be still friendly with your ex's family just because of some new girlfriend who may or may not last. I am friends with my ex but he hasnt had an evil drama queen girlfriend for me to contend with. Let her be a drama queen just ignore her childish immature antics sooner or later everyone will get bored with it including her. Go to the party and enjoy yourself, let her sulk at home she is the one missing out.

• 2 weeks later...

I whole heartly agree with Raggamuffin on your dilemma with your ex's "Drama Diva".. if you will... she only fits over you because she's jealous.. you have something she doesn't have.. if it's attention..or you simply have smaller ankles then she does.. whatever the matter is...she's gotta do something to get the attention back on her..

Don't give in because of her demands upon your ex's family.. they are your family too..Keep her flaming mad.. chances are she'll make a fool out of herself even worse then she already has.. it most definantly seems as if his family is in agreement with you about her as it is.. Just stay cool and ride this one out.. it won't last long.. and chances are.. not that I like making assumptions... but the picture your ex has painted for everyone portraying her as his "one true love" ? Chances are he's probably just a very fine painter if you catch my metaphor. -JM