Please need advice on Bi-polar?

I was just recemtly put on Risperdal a few weeks ago, was diagnosed with BP disorder. I been feeling wonderful, however I started drinking a few beers every other nite and now I am feeling alot of anxiety again, and last night I had 4 beers and started crying for no reason? I do have my (friend) aka period, and I am wondering if it could be that or the alcholo. I am not supposed to drink alcohol wiht the meds I guess.. I am going to call my pdoc tomorrow.

My heart was racing really bad last nite and I felt like I was going crazy, I was pretty scrared. On top of that I must of smoked a pack of cigareets. I feel a little better today, went shopping but felt a little anxiety after alot of stores and went home..

Any thoughts? Think it was the beer?

Well it sucks..I serously thought I was lsoing my mind. I am never touching alcohol again. should I still call my pdoc? The problem with having a panic attack, like I did last night is, that now I am expecting another one..but I should not get one if I dont touch the beer I assume? I was feeling great and now I feel like I screwed up, this is kinda hard I am still trying to accept I have this bi-polar thing.

Alcohol gets processed by the body and excreted quite quickly - unlike, say, cannabis, which hangs around in your system for longer and thereforee has longer-lasting effects.

If you keep off the alcohol and STILL get a panic attack, then contact the doctor. I don't think s/he would be very sympathetic if you were to get in touch to say that you'd been drinking and then had some terrible side effects, so I'd leave it unless you really have to.

Actually, I guess it's much more likely that you'll be fine and there won't be any need to contact the doc - hope so! If the meds are working for you - and risperidone isn't for everybody - that's great, and there's no reason not to have a great life. Plenty of people do.

I work on an acute mental health ward and you can tell immediately when someone who's been OK, all sorted and ready for discharge - goes drinking ... great setback. But they ARE OK fairly shortly afterwards.

All the best!

If you are bipolar, you should probably be on more than just risperdal. That is a mood stabilizer for mania and mixed states, but if you are bipolar, you need something as an antidepressant. Make sure you talk to your doctor about this.

You should definitely not be drinking while taking this med.

If you are bipolar, you should probably be on more than just risperdal. That is a mood stabilizer for mania and mixed states, but if you are bipolar, you need something as an antidepressant. Make sure you talk to your doctor about this.

You should definitely not be drinking while taking this med.

I know..I am thinking I might need something like Amblify or such..you see I was on Lexapro for two years and that put me in Mania for the most part I was sexually promiscuious, and mood swings..took me a while to fiugure out I was bi-polar, thats why i went to pdoc and got diagonsed.

Archived