Would you let your gf go dancing with her single friends?

confused_guy84

I go out with my single friends and dance with them and also some guy friends that I happen to run into. They buy me drinks, they laugh with me, etc. But it means nothing because at the end of the night, I'm coming home to the guy I am in love with and I also have him on my mind the whole time.

BUT...here's the kicker...when my guy goes out salsa dancing (without me) with his cousins and stuff, it's really annoying and I get a little bothered. It's hypocritical of me, so I really try not to let it affect me too much. If he trusts the fact that I go out and dance and have a good time, I should trust him.

I think it's okay for you to be bothered though. A little jealousy doesn't hurt. But don't let it get to the point where you 'condemn' her from doing anything. She'll just resent you & probably just end up doing it behind your back instead of being honest about it. Oh...and you mentioned she loves dancing, so I don't think you'd have to worry about her "grinding" with random guys. If anything, she is going to DANCE...not dry hump.

If things are going well for you two, let it be! But I do recommend you communicating with her that you are a little 'ehh' so won't have pent up frustration. That just leads to blowing things out of proportion in the future.

man let her go, if you dont trust her, then why would you stay with her.

and yes strip club, why not...

works both way.. guys in clubs are sleazy. girls is strip clubs lol.. well at least they get paid.

just dont get a lap dance... i got out with the "boys" and if the boys wanna go there. ill just go where my mates are.. not about me wanting to see strippers. etc.

just be good lol. peace.

i think it's alright as long as:

1. she isn't getting completely drunk every time

2. she isn't giving out her phone number or accepting new ones

3. she's dancing with her friends and not with strangers.

look, your GF's a girl, they go to these dance clubs to be seen and to get attention. (Don't be naive and think otherwise - you think most of these girls would go to an all-girls dance club? No, of course not, they dress to impress, to get looks from guys, and to soak in all the attention).

I don't want to say its harmless behavior, but as long as she behaves, it shouldn't be a deal-breaker.

How old is your GF?

I'm going to disagree with 99% of the above posters and say it is a cause for concern. How often is every "now and then"? If she is going out all the time clubbing vs. you going to a strip club ONCE for your b-day (is that correct?) - yes, I can understand your concern.

Back in my clubbing days, I used to go to meet people. If I had a bf I would prefer to spend the weekends with my bf.

I guess it just depends on how often she chooses to go.

Its usually about once a week, and its typically during the week like on a wednesday or thursday. The strip club will be a one time deal for me. I still go out drinking with my friends every now and then though. (every couple weeks)

Oh and when I went to clubs, I didn't go to your "typical" one. I went to a Rave.

And the dance was called "stomping" Kind of like an irish jig.

So no grinding there.

and when I did actually go to a dance club once, and I saw the way people were dancing I was offended. And when a guy tried to grind on me, even though I was single at the time I was like, "Ew don't touch me!"

I don't know.

I don't see why a woman would want to go clubbing if she's in a relationship.

I mean, most women I know do dinner, take a walk or something else more low key with their same sex friends.

for someone like me, who is a dancer, and whose friends are dancers, we like going out, having a few drinks, and dancing, showing off our moves. we don't go to meet or attract men. though it may happen, like i said, a simple "no thanks" and the guys go away.

for someone like me, who is a dancer, and whose friends are dancers, we like going out, having a few drinks, and dancing, showing off our moves. we don't go to meet or attract men. though it may happen, like i said, a simple "no thanks" and the guys go away.

Dancing, dancing, DANCING!!!

She's a dancin' machine!!!

I don't know.

I don't see why a woman would want to go clubbing if she's in a relationship.

I mean, most women I know do dinner, take a walk or something else more low key with their same sex friends.

why wouldn't girls like to go out with friends and have a good time. they don't have to go get guys. how does a relationship kill that aspect? i know i liked going out with the boys for fun while in a relationship. should be no big deal.

why wouldn't girls like to go out with friends and have a good time. they don't have to go get guys. how does a relationship kill that aspect? i know i liked going out with the boys for fun while in a relationship. should be no big deal.

I think it may depend on the age too.

...but I don't know. I don't have the answers.

ps...i don't understand why it's NOT ok for a guy to go to a strip club even if he does have a girlfriend. Hey' date=' i'm not saying this is done on a regular base, but guys should have a guys night out even if includes lots of boobies--non girlfriend related. Couples just need to work on their own insecurites so that having fun is not torturing the other person with doubts![/quote']

I agree with this. I don't know why it's a huge red flag for a guy to go to a strip club. Maybe some girls don't like it, but some don't mind. Not really a red flag, bc it doesn't mean he is automatically cheating or doing something wrong.

Archived