Aloha. Unfortunately I have a touch of a problemo on my hands and I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out. . . My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half. Six months ago he moved away to go to post secondary. At first, a long distance relationship seemed like no big deal, but now it is just starting to become a problem. We are not connecting as much as we used to. I am still deeply, deeply in love with him, but I don't know how to get back that connection that we once shared. Any ideas would be massively appreciated. Thanks. Keep on smiling, sunshine.

Hi sasha,

Thank you so much for coming to eNotalone.com with your question. I hope that I can be of help ... or at least a little.

The questions you might want to wonder about are:

1) What do I miss in my current situation?

2) What do I look for in a relation?

3) What do I look for in life?

4) What can I do to make myself feel more secure?

Question 1 is answered by talking to your b/f. Ask him to give you what you need, if at all possible. Sweet words could be enough.

Question 4 is answered by asking yourself how long you will still be in this separation. I do believe in long distance relations, as long as there is an ending to it... in sight. Of course I also would like to be together.

I hope this gave you a good start. Should you need more... let us know!

Good luck!!

~ SwingFox ~