Fashion and Such, For a Guy

Tethryn

link removed

Lots of great stuff there.

Just looked through there - TONS of great stuff, and not just for clothing/fashion. Thanks!

I have a big problem with clothes, because hardly any of it fits me. I'm 6'5" and slender. If I get shirts long enough to cover my arms, those shirts are way too big in the torso. Same problem with jackets and t-shirts. Pants aren't as big of an issue, but I have to order them because most stores don't carry 34x38.

Just looked through there - TONS of great stuff, and not just for clothing/fashion. Thanks!

I have a big problem with clothes, because hardly any of it fits me. I'm 6'5" and slender. If I get shirts long enough to cover my arms, those shirts are way too big in the torso. Same problem with jackets and t-shirts. Pants aren't as big of an issue, but I have to order them because most stores don't carry 34x38.

Trust me on this....get your clothes tailored. You'll thank me later.

Trust me on this....get your clothes tailored. You'll thank me later.

That costs lots of cash, though. I'm a poor grad student that doesn't have a money tree growing in his apartment.

At least, I'm ASSUMING that it costs lots of money. I actually haven't looked into it much, maybe I should.

That costs lots of cash, though. I'm a poor grad student that doesn't have a money tree growing in his apartment.

At least, I'm ASSUMING that it costs lots of money. I actually haven't looked into it much, maybe I should.

It's not bad. Getting jeans tweaked, like hems, is $8 at the place down the road. My blazer was $50, which was the most I've paid. I don't like tucking in shirts, so I have them cut them to length so they look right and fit properly and that's only $20.

You don't have to have ALL your clothes tailored like that, but having a good set of jeans, shirt, and blazer goes a long way to having a "put together" look. Now I get all my club and work clothes looking good. Trust me when I say women notice when your clothes don't fit properly. It's pretty rare for most people when clothes of the rack fit perfectly. Something else I HIGHLY suggest is getting quality shoes. When guys check out women we usually go top to bottom, usually stopping at the boobs and butt. Women do the same but go the extra mile and check out our shoes and style. Some even give our grooming and style as much consideration as we do their sex appeal. For them it's all the same.

Can't go wrong if you just follow this legend!

image removed

image removed

image removed

image removed

Sorry for the post that doesn't help at all, but Pete does have awesome style!

link removed sells some decent stuff, and is pretty cheap too. Their smaller sizes are also quite fitting - i'm 5'10" slim build and buy XS, so maybe try a S!

How does Tailoring actually work? They have the materials that your clothes are made out of and add on or subtract?

They can't add what isn't there, so I always buy slightly larger and have them take in the pants, or hem the legs up, or pull the back material in a little. I had a blazer that was too small and they couldn't do anything for it, so from now on if it doesn't fit perfectly I go slightly larger and have them trim it to fit perfectly. I'm right between a medium and large though, so YMMV.

Anonlad90, I would rather be set on fire than wear anything that guy's got on.

In my mind, simple and effective are your best bets. Swing for the fences on a few items, but don't go nuts. Over playing can work, but really, yuck. I like solid colors. I think they work for me, but that's just for me. Coats are good for 'big' wear.

I disapprove of putting too much effort into looking like you haven't put in any effort at all.

Archived