low down...

kuiks8

I disagree. You just got out of a marriage, and I think you need this time to be on your own. Be in a relationship, fine, but I think you can make your own home, wherever you are. If after another 6 months-one year you feel as though your bf "feels" like home, go for it. Take all of this with a grain of salt of course.

I disagree. You just got out of a marriage, and I think you need this time to be on your own. Be in a relationship, fine, but I think you can make your own home, wherever you are. If after another 6 months-one year you feel as though your bf "feels" like home, go for it. Take all of this with a grain of salt of course.

well i would be moving to Victoria no matter what whether we would be living together or not but we both know that we would spend every night together once we live in the same city so there's really no point in paying rent for 2 separate places...practicality comes in to it too...

Hey ,

I struggle with belonging too so I know how you feel.

My only advice would be to try and relax, realise that life will be what it is, and worrying about the future is mainly pointless.

I'm guessing like most people, you want a settled life, with someone you love, who loves you back, working in a fulfilling career, somewhere nice? Victoria it is then!!

It will take time 'to belong' somewhere, but it always starts at the beginning. You sound like you have all the foundation stones in place, so no reason why your 'home' won't end up being solid and reliable.

It is hard though. But do-able.

Hey ,

I struggle with belonging too so I know how you feel.

My only advice would be to try and relax, realise that life will be what it is, and worrying about the future is mainly pointless.

I'm guessing like most people, you want a settled life, with someone you love, who loves you back, working in a fulfilling career, somewhere nice? Victoria it is then!!

It will take time 'to belong' somewhere, but it always starts at the beginning. You sound like you have all the foundation stones in place, so no reason why your 'home' won't end up being solid and reliable.

It is hard though. But do-able.

Thank you for the advice...i need the reminder to not worry...if you were to ever look over the history of my threads they all have this theme of fear and doubt...story of my life...

I am trying to be less stressed out...more focused on the moment...

Victoria is an awesome place. Do you feel happier when you're there as opposed to when you're in Van?

oh definitely...I like the island a lot more and I feel WAY safer there. I grew up out in the country and i find Vancouver pretty overwhelming. I am looking forward to the change in scenery and pace for sure.

I'm with you on that one kuiks.. I love the island so much more than Van. I will eventually move back there.. I feel like I don't fit in at all in this big city I will have lived here for 2 years in April and it still doesn't feel like home. So you aren't alone in feeling this way. I totally understand everything you are going through!

I'm with you on that one kuiks.. I love the island so much more than Van. I will eventually move back there.. I feel like I don't fit in at all in this big city I will have lived here for 2 years in April and it still doesn't feel like home. So you aren't alone in feeling this way. I totally understand everything you are going through!

thanks!!! it's much appreciated.

More and more I am just longing to get out of this big city and realizing how restricted I feel living here...definitely looking forward to more low key!

Victoria is an awesome place. Do you feel happier when you're there as opposed to when you're in Van?

Redrose85..........your avatar is making me HUNGRY!!!

Kuiks8..........Don't take offense, because I've felt the exact same way, do you feel like by moving you will get rid of your problems? Maybe I'm just way off base.

Archived