how do i know whether or not im over reacting?

blink_guy

so i have a pretty bad history of getting dumped. my last two gfs both completely threw me on my ass after 2 fairly long relationships and i was hurt pretty bad. and sicne then ive been pretty paranoid about whether or not any of my gfs were really into me or not. well my gf and i ahve been dating 2 months or so now and the past 2 weeks ahve been sorta weird. about 2 weeks ago her me and a couple of buddies from school went on a trip to whistler for 4 days. while we were there she was acting awful quiet and not talking as much and such during the days and during the nights while we were alone we were perfectly normal fine couple and were quite intimate as well. and after that trip i went to my grandmas house for a week the day right after and i got back 4 days ago. we hng out the day i got back the day after that but both times with other friends as well. and yesterday we were gonna go to a party together but she worked really early the next morning so she couldnt go. and today she was supposed to come over for a movie but couldnt cause she was too busy with hwk. which i knew about since she ahs told me about it for the couple days how she is really busy with hwk. and so i havent seen how she really acted around me since ive been back. but my question is how do i know whether its a problem and i should ask her if somethings wrong or not? i dont want to ask and seem clingy but i also dont want to not ask ifit is a problem. i have asked her kidna casually once but she just said everything was fine. but weve been friends for a while now and she has never blown me off before and she seems really quiet for some reason

what do u guys think?

i think you should straight up ask her if something is bothering her. that's the best way to put your mind at ease, and it's not being clingy or needy, it's just being concerned and possibly misreading her. and try to arrange a time to hang out soon just the two of you.

Hi Blink Guy,

My advice would be to first try to relax a wee bit, then take a deep breath and get busy with something else, an activity or something to take your mind off her for a while. Become just a little bit more involved in doing something that you like to do, without her. In this way you will create a little healthy distance and hence objectivity for yourself, then you might be better able to sense what's up. If you feel clingy, then you are probably acting a bit that way, and that is something that can bother other people. It's not a fatal flaw, really; but if you can build some strength for yourself and do some other things that you like to do (not suggesting dating others yet), then you will become a bit unavailable and she may want to draw close to you on her own. If she does not, then you have your answer. But think of it this way: if she isn't into the relationship, it will be obvious and you can make a decision for your own self what you would like to do about it. You don't always have to play the role of "dumpee". You can choose who YOU want to be with. I am sure you are a wonderful person, so just try to relax and be yourself and don't worry too much; don't put all your eggs in one basket so to speak. Hope this makes sense, and helps a bit.

Archived