Going ice skating with the ex tomorrow.

HopeArises

This is officially the 6th "friend date" we'll be going on since the breakup (5 weeks ago).

Saturday night with the ex doing something fun and date like, but we're just "FRIENDS" (her words, not mine

Oh well, I'll be making the most of it and will try and have some fun at the same time!

Hey Hope, what time is your date? Where do you live?

Have fun and good luck

Hey Dahlia,

We're meeting up at around 4:30pm. Will probably go skating for around 5:30pm. I figure it will last for about 2 hours. At that point I'm considering taking her out for supper, or if she's not hungry, maybe for a hot chocolate to warm up.

Any suggestions?

i dont believe in this phrase "friend date," if you are going somewhere with a girl and it is just the two of you, you do it bc there could possibly be the potential of something happening. that's just my thinking. but act casually man, make her come to you. good luck

HAHA....I'm with you on that one. Now try telling that to my ex!

Hi, explain sth to me: can you honestly go out on friend date after you have been intimate with someone and not feel awkward?

I do believe in being friends with exes but not until the whole affection goes away. And it seems like you are hoping for it to redevelop into relationship - can you stop yourself from touching her and then after 2 hours you guys just go to your own houses? How does it look like?

i dont believe in this phrase "friend date," if you are going somewhere with a girl and it is just the two of you, you do it bc there could possibly be the potential of something happening. that's just my thinking. but act casually man, make her come to you. good luck

And yeah, I'll be on my best behavior, but she's not getting ALL of me. If she wants the rest, let her work a little for it, right? . NAH, I'll be fun and charming (my usual self of course

Hi, explain sth to me: can you honestly go out on friend date after you have been intimate with someone and not feel awkward?

I do believe in being friends with exes but not until the whole affection goes away. And it seems like you are hoping for it to redevelop into relationship - can you stop yourself from touching her and then after 2 hours you guys just go to your own houses? How does it look like?

Done it already 5 times SUCCESSFULLY and NO, the attraction is NOT gone for both her nor I.

In fact, I've dropped 40 pounds, so I'm looking better than I ever have. You should ask HER how she'll be able to hold HERSELF back....haha..

We actually have held hands and she has rested her head on my shoulder in movies (last Sunday). It's a bit complicated, but you have to trust the process.

I began jogging/running and the weight started to melted off. Obviously that coupled with an overall better diet/less calories. So yeah, I've gone from 220 pounds to like 178 pounds. My ex is freaking at how good I look. Last weekend she made a comment that I'm like half the man I was. I told her that I'm 10 times the man I was!

So, your ex just wants to be friends and you want more and he knows it? Have you gone on friend dates? How did you handle yourself in his presense?

I began jogging/running and the weight started to melted off. Obviously that coupled with an overall better diet/less calories. So yeah, I've gone from 220 pounds to like 178 pounds. My ex is freaking at how good I look. Last weekend she made a comment that I'm like half the man I was. I told her that I'm 10 times the man I was!

So, your ex just wants to be friends and you want more and he knows it? Have you gone on friend dates? How did you handle yourself in his presense?

Wow good for you! Do not quit your healthy habits! Now I know why your "friend" dates are going so well! She has to be thrilled and already convinced that indeed you are 10 times the man

I'm not sure if he knows that I want him - he knows I really didn't want to break up to begin with.

We are meeting up for a "more friend than a date" thing but I'm scared I'll freak out seeing him and being forced to keep the distance while all I can think about ever since we split is to hug and kiss him. I'm afraid this friend date will be torture to keep my face up or I'll just throw myself on him and start begging

Wow good for you! Do not quit your healthy habits! Now I know why your "friend" dates are going so well! She has to be thrilled and already convinced that indeed you are 10 times the man

I'm not sure if he knows that I want him - he knows I really didn't want to break up to begin with.

We are meeting up for a "more friend than a date" thing but I'm scared I'll freak out seeing him and being forced to keep the distance while all I can think about ever since we split is to hug and kiss him. I'm afraid this friend date will be torture to keep my face up or I'll just throw myself on him and start begging

PERFECT. Now's the time to show him you can control your emotions and act independent. Trust me, remaining a bit aloof will make you more attractive to him. We ALL like a challenge. He is giving you one now. Give him one too. Try and think along those lines and that will give you the incentive to stay strong and happy in his presense. Remember, he'll be testing your reactions.

You just can't resist screwing it up, can you God bless you.

Now that's uncalled for. Neither of us will have eaten. I see nothing wrong with having a bite when we're done. I don't consider that screwing up. I'll gauge to see where she is at. If she seems to have had enough, that is where it will end. If we had fun, then sure, we'll grab a little something in the area.

Hey Dude...

Good news...it's always good to hear, sounds like you're happy you've been on these "friend" dates. You said you're going out at 4:30, open skate lasts for about an hour, so you'll be all done by 6PM. That's early to be finished with a date on a Saturday night. Not to sound pessimistic, but just be sure you're prepared to finish up that Saturday night by yourself if she has plans with her friends for after "the date".

Could save you some heartache if you see what your boys are up to, just so you have a backup plan...

Hey Dude...

Good news...it's always good to hear, sounds like you're happy you've been on these "friend" dates. You said you're going out at 4:30, open skate lasts for about an hour, so you'll be all done by 6PM. That's early to be finished with a date on a Saturday night. Not to sound pessimistic, but just be sure you're prepared to finish up that Saturday night by yourself if she has plans with her friends for after "the date".

Could save you some heartache if you see what your boys are up to, just so you have a backup plan...

Well, her and I have YET to solidify a PLACE to meet. It's crazy, but we got off the phone 24 hours ago saying approximately what time we'll be meeting, but never discussed a place to meet, which leads me to today. It is now after 11:00am and I just can't go back in a call her to confirm a place, seeing I was the one who texted her on Thursday night and called her yesterday morning. I just can't be doing the 3rd initiating. She'll have to step up to the plate for this one. If she really wants to go I'll be hearing from her within the hour (seeing she knows I have something to do between noon and 2:30pm). If not, I'm planning out my day without her.

Archived