Looking for a little input about the ex contacting me

So anyway, about a month ago, I decided to call out my ex on looking at my myspace page every day. We went back and forth, mostly her apologizing for her actions and saying she felt bad about the whole situation. I suggested coffee to talk about things (been 6 months since the break up) She said she needed "space" I didnt press the issue and decided to move on.

So two weeks ago I get an email from her saying that she wished me and my family happy holidays and said she read from my myspace status line that Im going back to school and that im starting construction on an addition to my dad's house. She said "Thats great!"

I havent responded and don't intend to. I'm kind of pissed off that she emailed me, really.

Anyway, I was confused. She wants space, why is she contacting me and STILL looking at my page? Even today she looked. I havent looked at hers in months. Anyone have any ideas here?

Exploding.

Seriously, take the tracker off. You are hurting yourself. Stressing over somebody who doesn't want you.

NC. Stop checking if she's checking on you. The end result is you delay your healing and you worry about somebody who doesn't care about you.

It's just her being cordial and friendly. NC all the way. Heal first.

Think at how ridiculous your thought process is. You still check if she checks. You then try to figure out her motives. What good does that do you? Ask yourself, do you want to keep doing this in another month? Another year?

Seriously, I've already told you to take the tracker down.

She obviously isn't over you - she's probably regretting saying she needed space, or she's missing the closeness you once had. To try and get this closeness back, she's messaging you and trying to see what's going on in your life through your myspace.

I'm in a similar situation - my ex ended things with me and then texted me a happy new year text after a month of NC - and i've realised that you have to ignore these messages. Once, i would have replied properly but now i know that if you do that, you're only encouraging them more. You did the right thing by not replying - eventually she'll get the message if you blank her out. She's the one who ended thing with YOU and that's her issue to deal with. She's being unrealistic wanting to be your best buddy again now, and shouldnt mess you around like this. Stick to your principles and keep her well away.

Archived