Bummed and Not Sure If I Should Be

routerx

Hi,

I've been dating a very nice woman for about 3 weeks. She's pretty laid back and she has not completely opened up just yet.

I want to make sure I'm not spinning my wheels with her. Wondering what you may think....

We were to meet on Tuesday, because I was going to drop her computer off at her home (I fixed it, it was broken, I saved her about $400). She postponed that because she said her apartment wasn't clean enough to have me over.

She then notified me that a friend would be visiting on Friday and Saturday and she would not be able to spend Valentine's Day with me. I sent her flowers anyway but she has made no arrangements to send me anything (I know this).

We were then to meet on Sunday, but she had to postpone that because a friend of hers is leaving for good on Monday and she wants to wish him goodbye.

So, she scheduled for Monday and she asked me to go to a work party, a very dress-up party, with her. So, ultimately, this is good news, but I've noticed she just doesn't seem excited about things. I've never seen her excited, she is so calm, but I'm excited about her, so I don't know if I'm just spinning my wheels here.

So, tonight I'm a bit bummed. I'm going to go work out and do something positive to lift my head up.

I just don't want to press for something to happen if it's not even there.

I guess I just needed to get that off my chest... tell you my feelings...

Hi routerx,

It seems to me that she's just treating you as a platonic friend at this point in time, nothing more to it.

Patience is the key here. Treat her well, give her space and don't push the situation too hard. Things should progress with this virtue in mind.

Keep us informed. All the best.

You've only been together for three weeks - perhaps she just has been very busy and is taking things slow.

You say she hasn't opend up to you completely yet. In what ways do you want her to open up and how are you opening up with her?

If you want things to progress, then continue to make her feel comfortable.