My days of unemployment have a forseeable end!!

alli

I had a job interview & I think I got it!! It's great because it's only a 20 minute drive from where I live, the pay is decent (about $17/hr starting, plus extra for overtime, travelling & working before 6am or after 6pm) & it is something I think I will enjoy!

I already had another interview set up for tomorrow. I would take the first job over the second one even if they offered it to me, but should I still go to the interview anyway? The lady who interviewed me for the first job said she was "interested" & asked me if I wanted to do the drug test & background investigation papers since I was already there (I did) & she said she would call me by next Tuesday. And if she doesn't call me, then for me to call her. So it is very promising. But you never know, it isn't totally official yet. If for some reason it doesn't work out, I wouldn't want to blow off this other interview as my job opportunities have been few & far between.

So should I go? It is unlikely the lady who interviewed me would find out I still went to this second interview, but it is the same town, you never know. I wouldn't want to give her the idea I don't want the job. What do you guys think?

congrats.. i believe you have been looking for a while know right???

Oh yeah. 4 months without a job or anything to do on a daily basis other than surf the web, go grocery shopping & clean my house. It was nice to have a break at first but then it starts to get pretty boring, feeling like your life doesn't have much purpose, & wondering if anyone will ever pay you more than minimum wage despite having a Bachelor's degree with Magna Cum Laude honors. The current unemployment rates weren't helping to decrease my competition either...

Oh yeah. 4 months without a job or anything to do on a daily basis other than surf the web, go grocery shopping & clean my house. It was nice to have a break at first but then it starts to get pretty boring, feeling like your life doesn't have much purpose, & wondering if anyone will ever pay you more than minimum wage despite having a Bachelor's degree with Magna Cum Laude honors. The current unemployment rates weren't helping to decrease my competition either...

I would go to your interview tom... nothing is certain till they offer the job to you...

its a tough market.. we lost 566k jobs last month... and almost 2.3 million since beg of the yr.. and we need to create 125k jobs a month.. just to stay even with growth in our country...

we are prob gonna lose another 1-2 million jobs over the next 12 months... anyone who can get a job now consider yourself lucky..

Looks like the concensus is to go to the interview tomorrow. That's what I was leaning towards, just wanted some verification. Thanks everyone!!

BMW- you're right; it is crazy how many people are losing their jobs. My aunt got laid off last week. It's too bad because when she moved she went through a long streak of jobs not working out. I'm not sure how many banks there are in that town that she hasn't worked for yet. Plus people of advanced age.. age discrimination is illegal of course but from the employer's point of view, the applicant in their early 20's will cost half as much in health insurance payments as the applicant in their 50's. Who would you hire?

Looks like the concensus is to go to the interview tomorrow. That's what I was leaning towards, just wanted some verification. Thanks everyone!!

BMW- you're right; it is crazy how many people are losing their jobs. My aunt got laid off last week. It's too bad because when she moved she went through a long streak of jobs not working out. I'm not sure how many banks there are in that town that she hasn't worked for yet. Plus people of advanced age.. age discrimination is illegal of course but from the employer's point of view, the applicant in their early 20's will cost half as much in health insurance payments as the applicant in their 50's. Who would you hire?

yeah youre right.. good luck on your int tom...

Archived