Photography thread

floating_away

Thank you.

I have a Nikon D300, and the lens used for this was an 18-200mm Nikkor VR. I'd love to become good enough to enter some competitions, but I've got a way to go yet.

How about you - what equipment do you use? The lighting in your photos is great! I could do with some tips, hehe.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's old Canon 20D with 17-35mm Tamron lens and 580EX flash...I do use Cybersync remote trigger sometimes but that's about it. Nikon's are nice too, especially that lens, such a great range without having to change out the lens constantly.

I'm still learning lighting; trying to focus more on natural lighting too

This is a great site on lighting, at least with flash setup (in the essays section): link removed

This is a great site on lighting, at least with flash setup (in the essays section): link removed

Brill, thanks for the link. I seem to be much better at dealing with lighting outside, but my indoor shots are always either too dark and full of noise, or too overexposed.

This is a photo I took a while ago. I always really liked it, but have never really showed it to anyone. It's just kinda been my secret favorite thing to look at. I use the old school dark room method, it's like meditation...too bad all the dark rooms have gotten ridiculously expensive over the years. Old technology I suppose.

Anyways, please feel free to give feedback. If you like it, or not, what emotions it provokes, if any, etc. Thanks for reading and viewing!

image removed

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I dont know how I missed this thread for so long!

For now, Ill post two of my latest and a re-edit of an older shot I took. These are of course much higher res, but I put smaller ones here so as not to explode the thread.

image removed

image removed

And the older shot:

image removed

I have plenty more and if anyone is interested I can link my gallery.

Thanks you two!

Felt like posting another one. Been on a kick of going through my old photos and doing re-edits on some of them or picking up ones I have never edited before. I have found my editing skills have improved vastly and I am able to squeeze more out of my shots now than I ever was before.

Anyways, felt like posting another of my re-edits. This was taken about 5 years ago, and this is a similar edit to the way I had done it originally, the only edit done was levels adjustment.

image removed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
link removed

Flickr 上 link removedlink removed

That's what I've been doing at weekends, after breaking up in Jan.

A newbie for playing piano.

wham!!!

this one hits me for some reason. remember holing myself up for days playing when my first girlfriend left me. oh...the memories!!! haha. actually...i think it worked some healing magic. very therapeutic.

very nice!