Me and my girlfriend could of been friends

goodguy15

Yes, I have. What am I supposed to do pretend that it doesn't bother me.Seeing other girls playing sports and she can't.She can only watch me but it'll be more fun if we played together.

If that's not something you can accept then you need to break up. Stop pitying yourself. You are the one choosing to be with her.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't know at the time we started dating until 2 years later did you ever think of that.Maybe I 'm slow realizing things until later.I have a learning disability one thing that you didn't know about me.She helps me think.But I get all flustered because of she wants a simple answer and I can't figure things out quickly like she can/Yeah somethings come easier to her than it does to me.

First off, I'm sorry that I don't have psychic abilities. Another thing you need to learn in life is that people don't know who you are or what you're thinking unless you tell them.

Second of all, if her cerebral palsy is that severe that she can't "fast dance", then you would've been able to notice that the first 2 years you were together.

Nevertheless, now that you've known for a year that she has this disability, you should've thought about it way sooner. It basically comes down to this, just to make it easier for you to understand:

1) Either stay with her, regardless of the fact that she can't run with you, dance with you, & play sports with you, & love her for who she is MINUS her disability.

OR

2) Leave her & go find yourself someone who you can be physically active with, & let her find someone who will love her for ALL of who she is.

your putting to much thought into this,

-I love to do physical activities, obviously she cannot do these things im passionate about with me

-Im unable to " love unconditionally"

- I wont stop playing sports and wanting her to do them with me

-I feel as though I cant love her because she cannot do these things with me

- I met a girl the other day and spent allot of time with her, she seemed nice and im kinda wondering if she was flirting with me, and i felt so happy with her,

now look at these statments and tell me, if you seen this on another thread what would you tell this person to do ?

I agree with what...forgot the name already..Well whatever, I agree with what the poster above me is suggesting. Think about that, and make an HONEST unbiased opinion of what you would think of a person who had said the things you have said.

Also, I would like to ask everyone to think of him going to get counseling. IF he puts everything out there truthfully and honestly, and I mean EVERYTHING, That counselor is going to put it to him straight. Not only will he have us telling him he needs to leave this girl, but he will have that counselor saying the same thing. The only thing that's up there to chance is whether or not the OP actually tells the complete truth during these coming sessions with the counselor.

As a last comment in this reply, Why are you comparing your girlfriend with other people? It seems to me that when someone has that kind of attitude, they aren't really into the relationship. Whats the point of looking at what you can't have if you're going to stay in this relationship? The only thing that staring at what you can't is going to do is make you regret ever being in this relationship. I'll relate this to myself. If I looked at what I couldn't have right now with my relationship (its an LDR) all the time and thought "Why is it that every girl I like, somethings in the way. Shes so far away, If i had someone else who was right here, I'd be happier..", it'd drive me crazy. Now theres a difference, I'm happy with the way we are but being together physically would only be better. Concentrate on what you have, and not what you can't have. If there was any sort of advice you could follow that Might help you out in your relationship, its that. But I don't really think your relationship should continue to go on. That's me trying not to be insulting, its just the truth of what I think.

Look at me I try to concentrate for what I have but sometimes it isn't that simple for me.And I have concentration lapses and at times I don't see it.Oh yeah it's my fault that i have that, too and especially I can't help it.In the other hand shes happy that she met me apparently and I don't feel the same way sometimes.Shes always constantly trying to grab my hand all the time and that drives me nuts and I told her I didn't like it anymore when she gets a chance to grab my hand.For one I can't keep a job I got laid off 3 times in 2 years maybe that's my issue here.I'm never happy because of my job status hasn't been that secure.I want to make a living like everybody else but I never catch a freaking break.My future is so uncertain right now.

Archived