i need advice!!! My new boyfriend, whom ive been seeing on weekends for the past 3 months, lives 60 miles away. We really like each other and he hasnt given me his cell phone number yet. At the begininng of our relationship he casually said to me that he had soemone break up with him cause he wouldnt give them his cell phone number. his reason for not giving it out is because he doesnt want to be bothered when hes busy. So i never pushed the issue. Well three months have gone by and ive noticed that his roomate, his best friend, and a friend accross the country have the number cause they call while were together. when he calls me his number comes up as RESTRICTED on the caller ID. Ive noticed the he pushes *67 on his phone before he calls people so his number wont be displayed. This kind of bothers me because he says he loves me and wants us to be long term. I only have his house phone number! So im not sure when he is going to give me his cell number. It really isnt a big deal, cause he always calls me, but it leads me to think there is something going on. Infidelity? Is he a Player? What if there were an emergency? My friends all think its stupid that he hasnt given it to me. In my mind i was thinking that at some romantic situation he would give me the high honor of his cell phone number.....pathetic!!! Also he must know that i dont have it because he consciously dials * 67 before he calls me to block his cell phone number and have it come up RESTRICTED!!! What do you think?

i find it weird that you dont have his number while his friends do...i would be very suspicious! you know what, if you have caller id on your phone, there is this option where you can't take "private/restricted" phone calls and it lets the caller redial again using *82 so their number is displayed.

if you man asks why you have that, just tell him you've been getting too many telemarketing calls.

I find it very very odd that your boyfriend not only has not given you his cell phone number after 3 months, but also that he consciously blocks his number from you. One of the main reasons I find this odd is that he doesn't want to give it out because he doesn't want to be bothered when he's busy, yet when he's with you, his friends call. Wouldn't hanging out with his girlfriend equal busy? And if he doesn't want to be bothered when he's busy, he has the options of turning the phone off, on silent or just not answering it. It's really not that difficult.

I'd sit down with him and really try to get to the bottom of things. It's not fair for you to be sitting here wondering why you don't have his cell phone number. I mean, do you always have to wait until he contacts you to hear anything from him? That doesn't seem right to me and I highly suggest you sit him down and really tell him how you feel. If you aren't important enough to him to have a way to contact him if you need to, how can you feel assured that you are important enough to be his girlfriend? It doesn't seem right at all to me, and I hope you can get to the bottom of this.

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...

I am also "dating" if you call it that.... I am on the older side after being married for 20 years. I am trying to figure out as well as why after 1 1/2 years I too still do not have his cell phone number. Call me me "stupid" I know, but when we are together he is awsome.. I do get tired of calling him at his house and getting his answering machine, but wen he calls my cell (also my home phone)and gets my voice mail, he gets upset and thinks that I am with my old boyfriend.( he works with me).

Any advise, I haven't heard from him for 2 days because my old boyfriend referred me to a good mechanic.