This guy refuses to look me in the eyes...

MusicMoon

I don't know this guy very well, all I know about him is his name. In the beginning of the semester he use to look me in the eyes and talk directly to me. We sat next to each other and we would compare answers to the homework problems. But then we changed rooms and ended up sitting on opposite sides and stopped talking.

We had an exam last week and ended up studying together accidentally. I was studying with my friend and he was studying with his friend. My friend knew his friend, so we ended up in the same study group. He didn't really talk to me, but when I had a question about the material, he would answer me, but he wouldn't look at me. He looked everywhere and anywhere except at me even though he was talking to me.

I don't understand why he refuses to look at me. He doesn't know me well enough to dislike me so much that he won't look at me. And I hope he's not immature enough to not look at me because he likes me (we're in college). Besides, he has no reason to hate or like me. But I can't figure it out. And it really bothers me for some reason.

But I can't think of any reason except that he hates me for some unknown reason. What do you guys think?

Reading your post, my first thought was that you guys were in grade school, 6th or 7th grade.. because how he is acting to you makes me think of a crush at that age.

He could just be very shy around girls that he is attracted to. But if you really think he "hates" you, I would recommend trying to talk with him privately. Tell him you noticed he avoids sitting near or speaking with you in class & he will make eye contact with everyone but you. Maybe ask if you've done something to offend him. What have you got to lose?

Even if he acts confident and all like someone else said he may just be shy around the ladies he likes. For example I'm a guy and I'm in college but I've been through some rough stuff and this stuff has unfortunately had a negative effect on how I approach intimate relationships.

This extremely hot girl started working at my job and showed interest in me.

I couldn't believe it, she was the type of girl I always wanted to be with but could never get. So my anxiety level was pretty high and my confidence level was shot because of some of the things I had been going through. So even though she seemed to be discreetly trying to get closer to me I felt kinda paralyzed, so to speak.

I thought she was smokin' hot and she ended up thinking I was gay.

Such is life. Maybe he just has some anxiety issues...

Maybe he has intimacy issues...Who knows?...

Lick his ear and see if he likes it....Haahaa..j/k

Archived